Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Health bars =D

I want the option to target a specific enemy to see their health bars at all times. Like "focus target" in WoW.

And this is probably personal preference but I don't like measly health bars centered in the middle. It looks depressing like you wrote a single sentence in Microsoft Word and clinked the align center button. I need some GIRTH man, and I like the health bars to either be by my abilities or snapped to the top left. Again, prolly just me, but it would be nice to have multiple UI options!

(Also cave with rocks! =D)

Comments

• Options
    VissoxVissox Member
    Just to clarify after reading what I wrote, I'm talking about enemy health bars!
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited May 2022
    sorry for going a bit offtopic but I want to quickly mention that when it comes to non group, target player healthbars you won't see much info regarding how much total HP they have and home much they currently have.
    This serves many purposes, the main few being:
    1) you dont know if the hit you are about to land on a player is going to kill them. Players will think twice about attacking you for no reason.
    2) since players can't see which player in any conflict is with the lowest HP, you won't see people switching targets and bombing the enemy with the least HP.
    3) you can't tell how far the enemy is from dying. Will you use your best abilitie, putting them on cooldown, to guarantee victory? Or will you keep reserves for the next player nearby?

Steven has mention that there might be some indication that the target players HP is going down, like some short of cracks appearing on the target nameplaye or so, but I think it's best if there are no indications.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Vissox wrote: »
    I need some GIRTH man, and I like the health bars to either be by my abilities or snapped to the top left.
    Yes, scalable and changeable UI is good and is planned afaik.
  • Options
    VissoxVissox Member
    NiKr wrote: »
    Vissox wrote: »
    I need some GIRTH man, and I like the health bars to either be by my abilities or snapped to the top left.
    Yes, scalable and changeable UI is good and is planned afaik.

Ty for the info broseph! I'm super happy to hear that!
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2022
    • Players that are not in the same party, raid, alliance, or guild will not be able to see other player's health percentages or exact health bar values.
    • A player's name plate will deteriorate to give an indication of how much damage they have taken.
    • With regards to seeing another player's health: As you know their name plate will deteriorate or give you an indication of like hey they've taken damage they're significantly injured, but you're not going to get a percentage. You're not gonna get an exact bar value, unless you're in their party or in their raid. – Steven Sharif
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Health

See the post from George Black above for some reasons why there will not be enemy heath bars.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    But you will get a sense of how much damage you have done by stats on screen, so with enough pvp, you will gain a sense for how much damage to do..

• Options
    VissoxVissox Member
    • Players that are not in the same party, raid, alliance, or guild will not be able to see other player's health percentages or exact health bar values.
    • A player's name plate will deteriorate to give an indication of how much damage they have taken.
    • With regards to seeing another player's health: As you know their name plate will deteriorate or give you an indication of like hey they've taken damage they're significantly injured, but you're not going to get a percentage. You're not gonna get an exact bar value, unless you're in their party or in their raid. – Steven Sharif
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Health

See the post from George Black above for some reasons why there will not be enemy heath bars.

We still see npc health bars! That's what I'm talking about here.
  • Options
    BracuBracu Member
    tbh i really like the approacht they go with healthbars, i remember in BDO i would always disable the UI and just grind away so for me personally the less information i need to " watch " at all times the better, it might be worse for a " min-max " approach but in terms of immersion its going to be great!

makes me wonder what their state on add-ons is if an addon-scene develops? anyone got something on that?
    AoC hype
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    edited May 2022
    Bracu wrote: »
    makes me wonder what their state on add-ons is if an addon-scene develops? anyone got something on that?
    No addons
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Addons