Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

*old post - lack of information on cosmetics

2»

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Liniker wrote: »
    I want to see you white knight about this kind comment (this it wasn't hard to find it's a reply to that same steel bloom tweet, they do this all the time)

Do you also think this is OK and they are not implying that those skins are PC armor sets to people that Clearly think they are PC gear sets? LOL do you think this guy will be happy when he finds out what they show are 375$ pack exclusive skins with no obtainable in-game variations?
    There's nothing white knight about it. You just have a bizarre perspective.

Someone asks if all gear in the game will have a shiny, prisitne appearance.
    And the devs answer is "no".

You added a whole bunch of extra stuff to that discussion that's just based on your own bias.
  • Options
    PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2022
    I think the frustration coming forward about how they keep showing stuff we have seen before thats no longer obtainable, but nothing "obtainable" in game just comes from people believing the game was further along than it is. And grasping at straws for more information to show exactly how far along development is
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    If you look at it with a whats showable perspective, they can show off already shown no longer available cosmetics, because they are already shown..... i would assume, every set they show directly has 5-10 similar sets made with it... you dont use a model one time in this kind of buisness... they want to keep as much of the game hidden as they can, while still being very transparent. They will show off everything they make, thats already been available to the public.
    Yeah, I mean... again...
    In the tweets, they are showing us the progress from the 2D concept art used during the month of sale, to the 3D rendering later in development. They also use those tweets for some fun Community interaction.
    Really has nothing to do with marketing. Most of the stuff on Twitter is not about what's currently purchaseable.
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think the frustration coming forward about how they keep showing stuff we have seen before thats no longer obtainable, but nothing "obtainable" in game just comes from people believing the game was further along than it is. And grasping at straws for more information to show exactly how far along development is

It is about what they say, not what they show.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dygz wrote: »
    They also use those tweets for some fun Community interaction.
    Really has nothing to do with marketing. Most of the stuff on Twitter is not about what's currently purchaseable.

Ok, now I know there's no reason to continue this conversation as you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Ashes of Creation is a product, this is a business, Intrepid hired a marketing team and a social media manager and they get paid to do their job - which is Marketing. Every single post they share is marketing, even tho some might not directly be advertisements.

img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    JustVine wrote: »
    It is about what they say, not what they show.

The original post here was a complaint about the fact that what the marketing is showing i constantly models that people have bought in bundles up to $375 costs, and not showing the in game obtainable armor.

And my stance on that is, they dont have in game obtainable armor yet made to show. They have an obligation to make these already purchased armor sets, to fulfill what people have already bought. In game obtainable armors or otherwise will be variants made later on when obligations are fulfilled, i assume.
  • Options
    Cat QuiverCat Quiver Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't use social media, but glancing at their twitter page you're just making shit up.
  • Options
    I don't understand what's misleading about the Twitter posts. They don't say the skins are available. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    Ok, now I know there's no reason to continue this conversation as you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Ashes of Creation is a product, this is a business, Intrepid hired a marketing team and a social media manager and they get paid to do their job - which is Marketing. Every single post they share is marketing, even tho some might not directly be advertisements.
    LMAO

• Options
    ShoelidShoelid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dygz wrote: »
    LMAO

He's not wrong.

While IDK about the tweets being misleading, I would say that it's definitely not a good look. The tweets exist to show off shinies to people who aren't as invested in the development of the game and try to drag them in. The look up the shinies and the first thing they see is either 1)a giant price tag or 2) they're too late to get it.

I also recall a tweet of a mount captioned with something like "Any other mount suggestions?". As if they're taking mount suggestions and putting them in game.

Their marketing is super weird when compared to what the game actually is.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Technically, he's not wrong, but it's nitpicky enough to be irrelevant.
    The tweets primarily exist to demonstrate development from 2D concept art to 3D models and to interact with Community by sharing stuff they are working on and asking for feedback about what fans would like to see in-game.
    They might take some of the mount suggestions and put them in the game.

It is too late to get those shinies which is why I said it's not about Marketing.
    It's not really about what people can purchase - rather it's about the progress they are making during development...and having some fun with the fans.

Rather than only having communication with the devs once per month, we get a tiny bit of interaction almost every day. Sometimes multiple times per day.
  • Options
    MarcetMarcet Member
    Ive seen more unobtainable skins and mounts than actual enemy mobs in the game
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Marcet wrote: »
    All the unobtainable skins and mounts ARE enemy mobs in the game
  • Options
    MarcetMarcet Member
    NiKr wrote: »
    Marcet wrote: »
    All the unobtainable skins and mounts ARE enemy mobs in the game

lol good one
  • Options
    I really don't understand the complaint here. Nearly every game that is developed shows off assets that will appear. Which these are. Why would you be able to wear everything, that every character in the game can wear? No other game does this.

Whilst I do agree that it would be nice to see some more in-game sets and racial variations I think the accusation that there is some kind of nefarious bait and switch going on isn't fair IMO.
  • Options
    Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited June 2022
    It might be a more serious issue if we were talking about a required purchase or pay-to-win in-game items, @Liniker.

However, these are cosmetics ... an entirely optional purchase.

Ashes won't be the first (or last) MMO to market/promote items in a cosmetic shop.

Which means this reply early in the thread still applies:
    Your point is half-moot, since the team has let us know that the VAST majority of cosmetics will have in-game, obtainable variants.

Steven Sharif is an experienced gamer himself, and doesn't want the best-looking stuff to be bought-only.
  • Options
    LukasVelezLukasVelez Member
    edited November 2022
    However, if they are not ready to show in-game content, just don't show anything or post something else. I don't like that they have been posting daily images and videos for years while only showcasing skins, which is misleading to the public. My point is not that they should be showing all the in-game content; I agree that it is too early for that. That's just a dishonest method of marketing, in my opinion. I've seen a few bloggers who really made a show out of it, even though they promoted the account through https://famoid.com/buy-instagram-followers/, but they worked on it for many months
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    LukasVelez wrote: »
    However, if they are not ready to show in-game content, just don't show anything or post something else. I don't like that they have been posting daily images and videos for years while only showcasing skins, which is misleading to the public

Did you just make an account to necro this?
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Halloween is over guys, no need to bring zombie threads back to life :dizzy:
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    Halloween is over guys, no need to bring zombie threads back to life :dizzy:

Unless that person has an agenta. To harm the image of IS.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    However, if they are not ready to show in-game content, just don't show anything or post something else. I don't like that they have been posting daily images and videos for years while only showcasing skins, which is misleading to the public

are you fucking stupid?
    img]
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    this post is 6 months old, I even changed my mind (to some degree) after reading some of the comments, no reason to bring this shit up again
    img]
  • Options
    edited November 2022

are you fucking stupid?

Sus. Who was talking to you? I quoted another forum user.

I've seen that you dare to call me names on occasion. I've et it slide till now. But I must say, i bet you dont call names ppl out on the street. You dont dare when there isnt the safety of a screen to seperate you from the laws of action-reaction.
    I bet. Now, mind your words son. Settle down.
  • Options
    edited November 2022

I'm the OP genius, I get notifications when people comment here, and you are trying to imply I made another account to revive it, try again sherlock.
    img]
  • Options
    edited November 2022

I'm the OP genius, I get notifications when people comment here, and you are trying to imply I made another account to revive it, try again sherlock.

No I wasnt. I was saying that that person made the acc and post at the exact same minute.
    Why choose to talk about anything else, besides cosmetics, a controversial issue.

I dont care about you Liniker. I dont like the shit you type.
    So settle down. Dont jump to conclusions. Dont get excited. Also dont quote me. You dont have what it takes.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I dont care about you Liniker. I dont like the shit you type.

Ok, so just stfu.

img]
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I dont care about you Liniker

Ok, so just stfu.

Man... go do that stuff in the real life. Dont... dont act like that online. It's safe, it doesnt have a meaning.
    Ima start reporting your insults from now on. Calm down son..
    Catch your breath. Take it ez, you gonna be alright.
  • Options
    I've et it slide till now. But I must say, i bet you dont call names ppl out on the street. You dont dare when there isnt the safety of a screen to seperate you from the laws of action-reaction.
    Man... go do that stuff in the real life. Dont... dont act like that online. It's safe, it doesnt have a meaning.

You just look like a clown trying to make yourself look tough to people online. Literally, nobody cares, I see you as 16yo kid.

I didn't call you names, I made a question, I asked if you are stupid, for your first comment, and many others you made in the past. If someone asking you if you are stupid hurts your feelings and make go to "online fight mode" I suggest therapy. Now please, stfu I'll mute this post.
    img]
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I've et it slide till now. But I must say, i bet you dont call names ppl out on the street. You dont dare when there isnt the safety of a screen to seperate you from the laws of action-reaction.

You just look like a clown trying to make yourself look tough to people online. Literally, nobody cares, I see you as 16yo kid.

I didn't call you names, I made a question, I asked if you are stupid, for your first comment, and many others you made in the past. If someone asking you if you are stupid hurts your feelings and make go to "online fight mode" I suggest therapy. Now please, stfu I'll mute this post.

No you wont mute this post... dont lie.

I also like the fact that you replied to me first thing, instead of the guy that necroed your boring thread.
    Heck, I never even bored to comment on the actual topic from all this time ago, because it was pointless.
    All I did was point out that agenta motivated and created acc. I didnt even name you cause I dont want to talk to you.

You seem to do though. Many times you try to take me on. Let it go son. Talk to the other guys with which you share a love-to-hate me club.
    You cant help yourself. You wanna get up here.

Feel free to delete the OP. Would be nice.