Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Wiki Request: Costmetics Page Update

JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited May 2022 in General Discussion
So I've been doing a lot of research into Ashes cosmetic policy recently and I have at long last found a vital piece of information that keeps being cited by several people indirectly on the forum. I found this evidence in the Embers section of the wiki of all places, not the cosmetics section. As someone who works with database organization, I feel like this could be a a helpful improvement if it were in both pages.

I apparently as an autoregistered user have the ability to edit the wiki? This seems like an oversight to me but I did not try to check as it seems like a contradiction to some of the other information on the cosmetics page.

I would therefore like this entry copied from the Embers page to the Cosmetics core page:

"
  • Cosmetic skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within the Ashes of Creation MMORPG.[14]
  • Skins earned in Apocalypse will be available to apply at certain tiers, levels and/or access points within the MMORPG.[14]

"So it's not that you'll be able to equip necessarily an item at level one. These are all cosmetic skins. Again we are not about the pay-to-win or pay-to-convenience life. What we want to do instead is as you earn, craft, or find equipment in the MMORPG, these skins that you've earned in Apocalypse will be available at certain tiers, levels and/or access points. So for example, we have different grades of mounts right. We have the base one land mounts. We have the the Royal mounts. We have the flying mounts if you're a mayor or King or Queen. We have legendary mounts. These classes of mounts will have available skins associated with those particular classes... If you have the Ramstider skin that you've earned from Apocalypse, you'll be able to apply that to your first land mount, which will probably be earned within the first five levels you'll earn a land mount. However if you have let's say for example the Gryphon, which will be a glideable mount. I'm sorry what's the name of the what's the name of the night one. The midnight- is the midnight bird or something like? The Nighthunter Gryphon. I think that's it. If you have that skin you'll only be able to apply that skin to a Royal mount so you'll still have to earn these things. Remember our position is that of: You need to earn these things in Ashes first. They're not purchasable or earned outside in Apocalypse and you're granted that immediately. These are skins that you apply to the things you earn in Ashes.[14] – Steven Sharif

Citation:
[14] https://youtu.be/RY6HW-tcVG8?t=41m43s

Edit: A clarification for @Lex the quote in question is in fact cited in the cosmetics wiki page, but it does not state the context as referring to ashes apocalypse cosmetics specifically and I think just inserting the quote directly as it is in the Embers page would help clarify things.
Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw

Comments

• Options
    CptBrownBeardCptBrownBeard Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Lex runs the wiki, so he should be able to assist if he's not too busy.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2022
    I think the sticking point I saw mentioned in the forums is that Costumes are different than other skins, like mount skins.
    But...the vid shows Steven miming a weapon when he says "cosmetic skins" and "equipment".
    Seems likely, then, that Costumes are not a separate category?
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    I think the sticking point I saw mentioned in the forums is that Costumes are different than other skins, like mount skins.
    But...the vid shows Steven miming a weapon when he says "cosmetic skins" and "equipment".
    Seems likely, then, that Costumes are not a separate category?

This is also something outright supported relative to gear, explained from a different citation in the cosmetics page. (ends at 59:10)
    https://youtu.be/8c7Y-D5R0IY?t=3364

• Options
    edited May 2022
    You also need to have an item before you put cosmetics on it, so... you can't just put this cool-looking armor on a Level 1 armor. You'll have to attain the same level armor."
    ---Margaret
  • Options
    LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    JustVine wrote: »
    Edit: A clarification for @Lex the quote in question is in fact cited in the cosmetics wiki page, but it does not state the context as referring to ashes apocalypse cosmetics specifically and I think just inserting the quote directly as it is in the Embers page would help clarify things.

I have added the section on Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cosmetic rewards to the Cosmetics page.
    fe85sq6n7wyu.png
  • Options
    Lex wrote: »
    JustVine wrote: »

I have added the section on Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cosmetic rewards to the Cosmetics page.

Thanks a lot Lex!

• Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    @Lex to the rescue! 👐
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    LithionLithion Member
    Dygz wrote: »
    You also need to have an item before you put cosmetics on it, so... you can't just put this cool-looking armor on a Level 1 armor. You'll have to attain the same level armor."
    ---Margaret

Steven corrected her right after that saying costumes can go on level 1 gear but not transmog.

"..actually just to be clear, the costumes don't really have a level restriction on them. You could apply them to lower level armor. Transmogs there will be specific rules when it comes to taking different armor pieces and applying those visuals to certain armors. And the same is true for lets say mount skins, mount skins do require there to be a specific type of mount achieved"
    ---Steven
  • Options
    Nice. Thanks.

For me, Margaret's timestamp is: 57:51
    Steven's timestamp is: 58:06