Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How does PvP work in Ashes

I skimmed through https://ashesofcreation.wiki/PvP page, but can't seem to find an answer to how it works. In Guild Wars there's not really open world PvP but it's server against server in WvW. In ESO it's alliance vs alliance vs alliance in a huge map that's about the 1/10 of the game. So how does PvP work in Ashes. Is it race vs race? Do you have to be a part of a certain node alliance to be able to attack another node. A little confused.
m6jque7ofxxf.gif

Comments

• Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Open PvP....you can fight anyone you want, almost anywhere. But there are repercussions, as I am sure the next few posters will explain more fully.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Damn, the genre is so bad that some people haven't even heard about open world pvp. I really hope Ashes succeeds with the current design.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited May 2022
    Individual based. Nothing forces you to be friends with another player and nothing forces you to be enemies.
    The corruption system is there to prevent players from going on a killing spree and protect the core mmo features:
    Progress
    Exploration
    Economy
    PvE

Individual players can CHOOSE to dominate parts of the world and exert influence by forming self determined guilds.

There will be castle ownership sieges where the corruption doesnt apply. Guild gameplay. There will be caravans where around them corruption doesnt apply. There will be rare node sieges where citizenship and loyalty of INDIVIDUAL players matters. No corruption.

Nothing in AoC will force you to a scripted gameplay like wow eso and gw2, with fragmented gameplay, pve or pvp.

Wow had a good concept of racial conflict. There rest of the modern mmos failed at pvp.

• Options
    OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    NiKr wrote: »
    Damn, the genre is so bad that some people haven't even heard about open world pvp. I really hope Ashes succeeds with the current design.

LOL

The Phoenix will rise over the ashes of the genre.
  • Options
    Individual based. Nothing forces you to be friends with another player and nothing forces you to be enemies.
    The corruption system is there to prevent players from going on a killing spree and protect the core mmo features:
    Progress
    Exploration
    Economy
    PvE

Individual players can CHOOSE to dominate parts of the world and exert influence by forming self determined guilds.

There will be castle ownership sieges where the corruption doesnt apply. Guild gameplay. There will be caravans where around them corruption doesnt apply. There will be rare node sieges where citizenship and loyalty of INDIVIDUAL players matters. No corruption.

Nothing in AoC will force you to a scripted gameplay like wow eso and gw2, with fragmented gameplay, pve or pvp.

Wow had a good concept of racial conflict. There rest of the modern mmos failed at pvp.

That makes sense thank you!! This helped me understand how it works :smile:
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    In eso ff14 I found players treating others as npcs, unless they were friends. 99% of the instanced dungeon experience was mute and 99% of the guild instanced dungeon experience was a bored voice explaining mechanics to newcomers or slooowly commanding the various actions needed for the completion.

The overland content was ez mindless mob killing and npc quest gameplay. Player interaction? Completely parallel. No common point. And the "bosses" ? A mute zergfest.
    Open world (pvp) mmos make the game feel alive.
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    I'm excited to see people who love PvP experience open-world PvP for the first time when Ashes of Creation releases!

Do you all have any fun or interesting open-world PvP stories to share?
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Vaknar wrote: »
    Fighting the same person around 20 times for the "right" to farm a dungeon room. Going back and forth in wins and losses because our power lvl is almost the same. After a hew hours of this back and forth and complimenting each other on our gaming skills, I decided to start a guild with that player. He accepted and we played together for several years after that. Across several servers, across several other guilds.

This is what open world pvp means to me.
  • Options
    Vaknar wrote: »
    I'm excited to see people who love PvP experience open-world PvP for the first time when Ashes of Creation releases!

So damn many
  • Options
    MaviodasMaviodas Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm really hoping Ashes nails Open World PvP. Not just Guild Wars stuff but all aspects of Open world PvP they've talked about. I & my Guilds PvPers have high hopes for some fresh PvP experience.
  • Options
    You stick the other person with the pointy end!

Since everyone else gave good answers already... 😆

• Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You stick the other person with the pointy end!

Since everyone else gave good answers already... 😆
    The bandit ran off screaming with my wand sticking out of his shoulder, and now I have no weapon. :'(

Hhak63P.png