Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Monster coin events

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, what is the level of cooperation they are planning for these events? On the monster side that is. I thought it might be cool if the monster players could chat amongst themselves to coordinate. Although depending on how powerful these monsters are, I could see this going badly.

Also was thinking that different levels of monster coins could drop. So the epic coins allow you to play a big bad mob and the copper coins just some foot soldier monster. Maybe with some ability to upgrade if your not wiped out.

On a similar note, a plague spreading monster event would be interesting. I know many people hated the one in WoW, but I had fun with it. Or maybe vampires. . .

Just some ideas I had.

Comments

• bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We don't have the information yet.
    Next live stream is coming maybe put in a question.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Everything we know about monster coins and their plans for them is on the wiki. There are indeed different levels of coins that can be found in the world or purchased from the store, and depending on level determines how "powerful" your monster is. There is also progression for using that particular monster type planned, and of course, the rewards are purely cosmetic to keep it from being p2w. Since participation is random it would be tough for them to coordinate, but my guess is they could add a specific chat channel for that event. Since you never know where one of these events may pop up, it would be hard for a group of friends or guildies to try and get into the same event from the info they have shared so far.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Monster_coins#:~:text=Monster%20coins%20enable%20players%20to,become%20monsters%20and%20wreak%20havoc!
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Expect the Monster levels/tiers to be related to the Stage of the Node that's being attacked.