Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Server Notifications

Hey fellows,

Recently i crossed path with an old anime.
And figured there was a feature i´d love to see aswell.

If someone or a group achieves anything special like obtaining a legendary drop/becoming major/clear a dungeon fast....
Couldn´t it be showcased on a Pinboard in nearby nodes with names and so on?
Example:
Let´s say I am currently Rank 1 in the arena but not all are intressted in PvP(they dont check Leaderboards) , but they could still remember my name if we met in the world. It could lead to being respected in a siege or even be feared by the opposing faction.
If i lose my Rank i lose my spot on the Pinboard aswell, obviously.

It would create the most valuable resource in a MMORPG "renown".

+ i have traveled far, have no any idea about my suroundings like:
- Strongest guild in the region
- Majors around
- needed materials

Maybe the Major could set rules on a Pinboard like what is getting showcased.
I bet there would be countless possible usages.
Lyrienthena
former Hardcore PvPer in multiple games Ranked in the Top 10
dislikes QoL / Quality of Lazyness
there is no "it´s to hard" only "u are to bad" <3

Comments

• Options
    A large wooden board with papers on it and a Most Wanted Banner on the top of it outside the Mayors house/Tavern. Leader board in PK and when you click their name you can add them to your bounty list. When you kill a Pk'er you get a severed head in your key items and turn it in to the commanding officer of your town node. Depending on the race of the node they can display an NPC with the players name in a realistic manner outside the cities gate. For example: Character Name: Newbslayer floats above a severed head on a stick outside a Tulnar fortress. The Py' Rai elves put said NPC's in wooden cages above the walls with NPC dogs/wolves barking every couple of feet or so at them. devs could get creative for the ingame lore and RP adding flavor to how captives/criminals are treated.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    LMAO
    I mean...if I'm not checking Arena leaderboards, I'm not going to care who won Arena matches - unless they become the Mayor of a Military Node.
    And, even then, I will neither respect nor fear them. But, we will probably know who the Mayors are.

I think the devs have trophies, cosmetics and titles to help with reknown. Yes.