Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Sound

ILLPeonUILLPeonU Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
If they're truly taking the best from other games, which us a very smart idea. Nothing wrong with taking something that worked and even adding you're own twist to it. That being said New World did very little right, but the 1 thing it did very well was the sound effects. I'm hoping we can see this implemented in AoC to some variety. New World had some of the best sound effects I have EVER heard in a game, and I've been gaming a very long time.

I would like to know what those who played New World think about this?
TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's 5:00 PM Cst
7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    My opinions on the sounds from New World are not overly strong either way, but I do find it interesting how - after just 8 months - people already talk about that game in past tense.
  • Options
    @Noaani because it went from 900,000 players to a measly 10-15k, or to put it another way 99% of players quit.

@Santanico I have enjoyed the sound from New World, but there was never a doubt in my mind on whether they should ensure the sound is excellent. Although perhaps you are right and we should recommend titles that we find to have excellent sound for their comparison.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ue5 has metasounds function. It is superior to a lot of sound fubctions but we do have people employed for sound already.

Once impact is sorted, sound can be completed.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    AidanKDAidanKD Member
    I think that it's agreed that New World employed sound in the game very well! I think that with things like using sound to help identify events I hope that Intrepid can employ it in the more mundane areas as well just to fill out the general ambience across Verra.