Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Goddess of Creation Lore Theory

FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I posted this over on Reddit but thought I would see if we could get some discussion going here. I have been spending quite a lot of time on the wiki for the past two weeks and have come up with a lore theory about the Goddess of Creation. This theory has been developed from quotes by Steven and Jeffrey. I have left it line by line below so I can leave in who said what. I do not expect an answer but it is still fun to consider and talk about.

I believe the Goddess of Creation sacrificed herself to protect the Tulnar and allow the other races to escape through the four divine gateways.

We know the Goddess of Fate told the Goddess of Creation, and only her, that the Ancients and Others would one day return. - Steven

We know the Goddess of Creation then created Sanctus and the divine gateways for when this day arrived. - Steven

We know that when the Fall and the Exodus occurred it was very disorderly. The Order of The Steel Bloom were created to help fight the chaos and get the Aelar people to safety. They all died. Apocalypse (APOC) lore was set in Verra and was the result of people not making it through the gateways. - Steven

We are told that the Goddess of Creation used "Divine Intervention" to save the races. - Steven

We are also told that “her sacrifice protected the people of Verra during the apocalypse.” – Steven

Lastly during the April 2022 live stream Steven is asked a question about the Tulnar starting area and says: "It's important to note actually that the the tulnar's locations within the underground that they took refuge in during the after the exodus that portion is was protected. Well actually i don't want to get into that too much i know i almost i almost slipped there i'm glad uh i did not actually um but uh how can i answer that question uh i'm not gonna give an answer." - Steven

I believe the references to her making a sacrifice, the races escaping by divine intervention, and the Tulnar being protected all point to her death in saving as many as she could. Perhaps the other Gods would not help her because she did not tell them about the return of the Ancients and the Others. Perhaps they did but because they found out late their help was equally late.

I further believe that The Goddess of Creation is still dead upon our arrival and we are somehow tasked with helping to bring her back.

There is mention that the avatar of the Goddess of Creation is a direct reference to the first phase of the storyline for Ashes of Creation. - Jeffrey

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2022
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Pantheon:
    The orders of the seven are religious organizations corresponding to the seven grand temples of Verra.
    The Order of Hope is an Aelan human order based in the capital city of Aela. The patron deity is Resna.
    The Order of Fate is a Kaivek orc order headquartered in the capital city of Ren. Patron deity is Norlan.
    The Order of Truth is a Pyrian elven order headquartered in the capital city of Amera. Patron deity is Shol.

Hmmn. Seven Temples. Eight Major Races + Tulnar.
    Has me wondering about the racial spread among all 7 Orders - before The Apocalypse and after The Return.
  • Options
    Seven temples, 6 religions, 7 Gods.

7 Gods but only 6 religions?
  • Options
    VoxtriumVoxtrium Member
    edited May 2022
    So our quest line leads us to bring a god back from the dead (maybe), you know, I'm all for pointless theory crafting and I like this idea. Sounds fun.
  • Options
    It raises the question: what if a sever declines to bring her back?

Is that even possible.
  • Options
    Story looks good
  • Options
    We can fail Events. Yes.
  • Options
    Another nugget of information found in the APOC lore which happens during and after the fall and exodus says:
    Creation had fallen, the portals were closed, and the End was here.

Note the words Creation had fallen. I believe this is a reference to the Goddess of Creation.
  • Options
    I'm personally under the theory/belief that the Goddess of Creation is sponsoring the Return for selfish reasons; I suspect it's a way of empowering herself over all of the other gods. With enough death fueling her from Verra, she can then become the ONLY god.

• Options
    I'm personally under the theory/belief that the Goddess of Creation is sponsoring the Return for selfish reasons; I suspect it's a way of empowering herself over all of the other gods. With enough death fueling her from Verra, she can then become the ONLY god.

That is a very interesting thought. I could twist some of what we know to fit that. She didn't tell the rest of the seven about the return of the others so that she could be the one and only savior of the races. I'm not sure how we fit the passage of millenia into that though. It would seem like a very very long play.
  • Options
    Well, a long play for mortals, but...
    She seems to have plenty of power and no need to be the only god...as long as the other other gods follow her vision of what is "good".
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Fantmx wrote: »
    I further believe that The Goddess of Creation is still dead upon our arrival and we are somehow tasked with helping to bring her back.

I like it! Sounds plausible. Maybe dead isn't the right word, because, can you really kill a god like that? They are the metaphysical beings representing different aspects of the Universe itself. But yeah, incapacitated, spent, in a god-coma and barely hanging on.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2022

Hrm, I am not sure about this one. Are the gods capable of changing themselves in that way? Because it seems like such ambition breaks what the goddess of creation is all about. The way I understand the pantheon is that they are bound and locked to be roughly what they are. The Seven defeated and banished The Others. They didn't kill them. I don't think the gods can be killed or fundamentally changed, only diminished in power.