Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ingame beastiary and concept clues ala Monster Hunter

In Monster Hunter you used to be able to buy books about monsters that talked about their lore and gave context clues about their rummored weaknesses and abilities. In Monster Hunter World and Rise they incorporated these books into an actual menu you could look at with custom art. The book had ???? until you defeated a monster and the monsters name would pop up. The more you defeated this monster the more about it your character would learn including weaknesses, mechanics it could do, how to deal with special mechanics it might have, and it had loot tables. Would it be possible to implement something like this for scribes and leatherworkers to make collectable monster books?

The reason I enjoyed it was because I didn't have to leave the game to look at a wiki and it kept me immersed. If scribes could make leatherbound books about monsters they defeated and sell those books it could be an awesome way for players to have a library and share knowledge.

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Fractured has something kind of similar, IIRC. Learning from the mobs you defeat.
    Could also be fun for that type of in-game interface to be a function of Social Orgs - perhaps Scholars Academies provide different info about a mob than a Thieves' Guild would.

Interesting. Although, I'm not sure I'd really want that feature in an MMORPG.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I had a friend in L2 who attempted to do that herself, compile a list of all mobs with pictures and descriptions.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2022
    Warhammer Online had a bestiary section in the Tome of Knowledge, that players would gradually fill out as well. There was a progression system in it that I liked. A mix of killing a certain amount, as well as killing certain rare/boss versions of the creature that unlocked things like titles. For example, for bears: https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/Bear

I would love to see a similar system in Ashes, and preferably expanded upon.
  • Options
    dagiremdagirem Member
    Would love this type of content. Gets me excited thinking about it.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We could fill a thousand libraries and still Google would take the attention lol.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif