Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Item Explanation

edited May 2022 in General Discussion
We've all seen the various different types of mounts, costumes, armor, ships, pets that AOC organically promotes on their social channels. Something I do hope with AOC is that, everything they create and add to the world, comes with an explanation or at least an obvious reason. Ex, today they posted this Medusa/Gryphon mount/enemy creature, i just hope with these type of mounts/creatures that they come with an explanation like "This beasty creature came from the saharan lands of the Niküa race where they can be found in the depths of X crypt guarding treasures" etc.

I just wouldn't like to see items being added just for the sake of being "cool". But how does it fit into the world of Verra, what is the reasoning behind it. Guild Wars 2 fails on this A LOT. They have added game breaking things throughout the years such as Tom Cruise Aviator sunglasses without any sort of explanation how that fits into the world. It's just odd and game breaking to me.

ElderScrolls Online does a good job in giving explanations in their Crown Store Shop (Both online and in-game) to everything they create and explain how it fits into the world. Example below:
35zecbx49byo.png
pqjw2ohjt58z.png

m6jque7ofxxf.gif

Comments

• WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The monthly cosmetics got a good amount of text with them. I get what you are saying here though, bit of context would be nice sometimes esp with a random picture drop like that.
    Intrepid sayd before they want to keep most of the lore till release. Honestly iam happy with that and find it fun to imagine how these models fit in the story we know so far. But that is objective
    Signature-member.gif?ex=66155d75&is=6602e875&hm=3bfff7a9230240f48915fa417b4dc30b967860cdecfbbdf088f3d3b302a06bdd&
  • Wololo wrote: »
    The monthly cosmetics got a good amount of text with them. I get what you are saying here though, bit of context would be nice sometimes esp with a random picture drop like that.
    Intrepid sayd before they want to keep most of the lore till release. Honestly iam happy with that and find it fun to imagine how these models fit in the story we know so far. But that is objective

Oh they can def wait giving out that info until launch. But once it's released, I would expect to see information like that.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2022
    That looks like a mob; not an item.
    The monthly cosmetics do have descriptions.
  • They seem to have been good about it, so far. In fact, some of the items/item groups have given us insight into the Lore, such as the Verdant Keeper organization.

While I didn't buy that month's kit, I'm planning on getting the in-game obtainable variants, and including it in my to-be character's lore, for launch.