Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ingame Paintings Suggestion/Request

AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I really thought I had posted this idea before, and if so, sorry for the repeat, but I was thinking a while back about the concept of putting your own images in game, and now the dynamic weather aspect made me think of it again.

Now, Intrepid can't afford to do this. They would end up curating every little thing for offensive imagery or whatever. But I'm suggesting something about paintings, just specifically Landscape paintings, that might even be a way for Explorers to make a little extra coin.

Games have a Screenshot mode, that mostly manages to eliminate offensive names, symbols, etc. You could still manage to get something offensive in there but it would require MUCH more work and a coordinated effort in most cases. What if you could submit or otherwise easily use your own cool screenshots of Vistas as paintings for your house? Even similarly 'capturing memorable moments' for your Guild. First kill of (Insert End-Dungeon Boss here). Everyone pose and someone take the picture and because it's ingame, and contains only visuals that are able to be experienced in game, no chat, and no names (maybe), now you have a memento.

Or taking a picture of a really cool moment at sea, some monster, some perfect storm, some incredible sunset. These are the sorts of things I would love to be able to decorate my home with, and if some people want to use it to take 'portraits' of other players or similar, that's probably automatically fine too?

I'd expect that they are already planning to have a sub-texture allocation for things like Guild Halls, City Halls in Nodes, etc. Just came to me as a low-effort implementation of something that I feel like a lot of people might actually appreciate.
Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Yes, please.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Naval uploads for sail images would also be cool but my naval ideas are reserved.

Keep suggestions coming for other possible ideas! :)

Cheers,
    Tom
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    As an amateur photographer, I approve! :smiley:
  • Options
    I would definitely appreciate this idea.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options
    SinderSinder Member
    This is an awesome idea!
    wbauorbolxt1.png
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I am pretty sure Steven talked about user uploaded imagery for paintings in the freeholds. Not as a thing that is definitely going to happen, but it honestly sounded like he wasn't completely against it. If players abuse it to upload offensive imagery, they would have action taken against their account.

I agree it would put an extra burden on Intrepid to enforce it though.

As for screenshotting and putting up those as paintings, yeah, I like it. :smile: