Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Interactable animals

angelicshiyaangelicshiya Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
So I posed this to Steven on Twitter, but I figured I would post it here incase he doesn't see it and maybe a dev would on here and pass it along onto the dev team for implementation (hopefully)

What would be really cool if you could walk up to non-attacked/aggressive deer-animals and either pet them or reach into your satchel on your waist-belt, pull out some animational food as if to feed them (RP aspect) would be a cool idea and adds some fun roleplay element.

Comments

• Options
    Im not an RPer but I think that idea is kinda cute.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Pretty sure there will not be any "non-attacked" animals.
    As in, immune from attacks.
    Any animals docile enough to be lured in for petting are really just easy-kill fodder.
    Such a feature would mostly be used to rack up kill achievements rather than carebear RP achievements.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    Pretty sure there will not be any "non-attacked" animals.
    As in, immune from attacks.
    Any animals docile enough to be lured in for petting are really just easy-kill fodder.
    Such a feature would mostly be used to rack up kill achievements rather than carebear RP achievements.

I don't see why there should be an achievement from killing non aggressive creatures.

Also since there will be a taming profession in order to make mounts and pets, I see totally viable to have passive creatures in the world that can be lured after all , it would be weird to fight horses or housecats in the wild in order to tame them.