Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Some questions

ArilethDeTyrArilethDeTyr Member
edited May 2022 in General Discussion
Hello Intrepid Studios,

I have some questions and suggestions about Ashes of Creation.

What will the quest system be like? It has been my experience that after a certain level limit, the single player content becomes too easy because you are overleveled or your level automatically adjusts and the enemies become too weak because you get too strong equipment or use sets that are too strong for the single player content.
Will there be a difficulty setting for the single player content that the player or group can set themselves?
In Everquet 2, there was a system where the average level of a group was used to calculate the difficulty, thus determining the set and XP. Will there be such a calculation in Ashes of Creation as well.
Battle Mode.
Is there a difference between the combat mode and the exploration mode. Can you change the action bar when you are in combat or trade with someone or create different equipment in the inventory even when you are in combat.
What will the resistance system look like? Is it important to inflict certain types of damage on certain enemies? That a fire creature is more sensitive to ice or water damage, or an ice creature is more sensitive to fire damage.
That you have to adapt your skills or abilities to each area and each enemy.

Thank you very much for your answers

Comments

• Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Overleveling might actually be an issue in AoC, due to the node system´s involvement in content deployment.
    Some people might grind way ahead of the node´s stages and the content that it deploys and have only easy PvE encounters.
    Though this can also create a leveling barrier, since lower level mobs might not give sufficient XP to level further ahead, which is good for the overall player population.

But i also don´t like scaling PvE encounters to the player´s level, since it would devalue the progression and character growth.

It´s a real hard one to tackle. Not sure what can be done there.