Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Suggestion: Server titles

This is an entirely for fun "mechanic" and while most people will absolutely consider this to be a stupid idea I can't help but wanting it. I can see so many RP opportunities off the back of this simple system.

Premise: When a node reaches lvl 3 the operating guild can choose 3 server titles. These are free text, and aside from the usual bad word filters can by anything they desire (up to a char limit).

"The master of coin"
"The almighty cheese warrior"
"Cthulhus right hand"
"Village idiot"

Node residents can then vote on who is given these titles. Nominations are allowed. You cannot nominate yourself. You can choose to hide your title if you are voted the village idiot, but it will be on the public record. They last for say, 30 days or until the node is destroyed.

If not hidden, the title will be displayed above the character, perhaps in a special colour. For all the server to see.

I have no idea why I want this, I just do and feel like it could lead to some fun server RP. Where titles are created / perhaps passed down from player to player. "You have been chosen to be the next PresidentOfPumpkins!".

Perhaps there are even player written duties associated with the role that are entirely optional/RP based. Or maybe a way to tie it into XP.

anyway, I realise this is a totally a nice-to-have not-important kinda-stupid idea but I think it would be fun.

p.s. Yes clearly titles are somewhat open to abuse but no more than a players name is.