Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Looks suspiciously like...

So
At the end of that 30 min video where Stephen blinks and then starts shadow dashing and claims it's his god powers.

Any one else think that was an augment alteration applied to the blink ability? Either a rogue shadow effect, or cleric death effect?

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I was thinking it might be Rush.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    So
    At the end of that 30 min video where Stephen blinks and then starts shadow dashing and claims it's his god powers.

Any one else think that was an augment alteration applied to the blink ability? Either a rogue shadow effect, or cleric death effect?

I don't think it was an Augment on Blink.

The implication is that you can't activate the non-augmented version of a skill separately. And we see the character use actual blink multiple times, but I believe we also saw that 'Shadow Dash' used separately without any Blink required first.

I 'vote' that there's no way to tell if that's an Augmented anything, or just a secondary faster movement ability for the Mage. And believe me, I'd love it to be an Augment to think on, I just don't think it is yet.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    SirChancelotSirChancelot Member
    edited May 2022
    Dygz wrote: »
    I was thinking it might be Rush.

I thought about that too, but since he first showed a basic looking blink (which I think should only be a mage) and it didn't require a target like a charge/rush ability normally does in other games, I ended up thinking it was an augmented blink.

Clearly all speculation though. Either way was cool to finally see something new
  • Options
    Azherae wrote: »
    So

I don't think it was an Augment on Blink.

The implication is that you can't activate the non-augmented version of a skill separately. And we see the character use actual blink multiple times, but I believe we also saw that 'Shadow Dash' used separately without any Blink required first.

I 'vote' that there's no way to tell if that's an Augmented anything, or just a secondary faster movement ability for the Mage. And believe me, I'd love it to be an Augment to think on, I just don't think it is yet.

Keep in mind, whenever he does these things, he has whatever abilities he wants without constraints. Maybe he just has the basic, and an augmented version in his bar, or he augmented it on the fly for the video.
    I guess it could just be a whole new ability, but good god. If a mage can blink and do that dash thing as two different abilities how is anyone supposed to catch them?

As I said though, it was cool seeing something new either way.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Shadow steps are cool hehe.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    To me it just looked like he was spamming the blink ability without cool downs. Which looked pretty bad ass imo.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Blink is purple. The other ability he used was green, IIRC.
  • Options
    StevenSharifStevenSharif Moderator, Member, Staff, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    👀
  • Options
    😂😂😂
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Frostshot wrote: »
    To me it just looked like he was spamming the blink ability without cool downs. Which looked pretty bad ass imo.

I really hope teleport/blink abilities work like Streak in ESO. The mag cost increases the more you spam it. So you can really only spam it 3-4 times before it exhausts your magic bar. Forces you to make decisions wisely but good for the classes that aren't tanky to get in and out of combat quick.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    VoxtriumVoxtrium Member
    edited May 2022
    It definitely feels a bit like he gave us a tease about the augmented ability, @TheDarkSorcerer referenced the ESO ability streak. I am thinking based on the use Steven showed us that the blink we had already seen was the basic ability, the 2nd was an augment applied to said ability however acted like the one in ESO, where spamming increased cost until mana was completely drained. Based on how he continued that dash for an extended period at one point, it is possible he had no CD and I bet he did but it felt more like he was teasing a ramping cost dash ability augmented off the blink.
  • Options
    PeggysuegotParriedPeggysuegotParried Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Not sure what it is, but they wouldnt of made a sweet animation and sound for it, if it wasn't being used somewhere:)