Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Aggressive Weather

I like the looks and how far the weather aspect has come. My main question is how far will the weather aspect go? If it’s tornado/thunderstorm weather could there be the potential for diverted cargo carts. If there is a blizzard could it effect cargo carts? Could weather be an aspect when fighting bosses? I love what I am seeing but I think weather should effect transport, boss battles and even the monsters in the area. Maybe if it’s raining there are few monsters of a certain type because they are wanting to take shelter but other monsters see this as a predatory period and there is an increased amount of them. If’ it’s a boss, maybe tornadic weather could increase a flying bosses speed because it’s “using the wind” to evade but it’s can’t use fire moves (e.g. a dragon). Maybe these types of storms could even ground flying creatures, including flying players. I am sure this would be a lot to implement but I think it would create a more dynamic approach to actual real concerns for the players. Different strategies based on weather.

Comments

• Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Steven has said clearly and repeatedly that weather will have an impact on our abilities. They explained on the last stream that seasons/weather can affect creature spawns and behavior. With the discussion of bosses affecting weather, in combination with the fact that weather affects player abilities, it's all but certain they'll affect boss abilities too. I think we're on track for exactly these sorts of experiences.