Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

VOIP and Raids

PeggysuegotParriedPeggysuegotParried Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited May 2022 in General Discussion
I heard Steven mention the voice in game that they're thinking about, and while I'm not a huge fan of listening to some knucklehead play his music , or start just being a general jacktard in chat I can see how VOIP in raids especially could be useful.

That got me to thinking if it'd even possible or interesting if your RAID leader could have the only VOIP and other commanders that needed it. And instead of trying to brodcast it and listen for it because if everyone can talk you might miss it. Too have the option at least to have him call out " Group 6 Flank Left" and it would go from voice to Text on the raids screen, like Steven's chat does when he is making the "Bald" guild for Asmongold lol :) (that was funny as hell btw)

Let me know if you think something like that would be something you guys would like, because to many voices for me , people get washed out, or you're out of range to hear it. this way everyone in the raid would see when he speaks.

Comments

• NiKrNiKr Member
    In-game voip should definitely have this functionality because it's crucial in raids and pretty much basic for any and all voips.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    My thoughts on this would be that when a group or raid is formed, and thus a chat channel is created for it, the group or raid leader has moderation controls over the channel.

Thus, said leader can simply mute people as and when needed.

Without control like this, voice chat would be basically useless.
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2022
    I still have hopes that they implement an Optional proximity voice chat..... :'(
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ashes has text commands for raids.
  • GoalidGoalid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dygz wrote: »
    Ashes has text commands for raids.

Is anyone going to use that over just using Discord?
    bRVL6TR.png

• PeggysuegotParriedPeggysuegotParried Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I guess my thoughts were more for big city battles, a metropolis battle will be enormous, and you're not likely to get all those people in discord. so if the commander of the raid, could either type out somehow to the whole army, and or voice to text and have it appear for all defenders or attackers to see could be very useful, in a already chaotic situation.

Not even sure if I have ever seen that tech, nor know if it's even possible. Some people like myself are slow typers, taking my eyes off the fight to type something usually doesn't end well. if you can speak it, it's happens right away just like your talk normally in discord.
    Goalid wrote: »
    Is anyone going to use that over just using Discord?
    I expect some people to use it in addition to Discord.
    I guess my thoughts were more for big city battles, a metropolis battle will be enormous, and you're not likely to get all those people in discord. so if the commander of the raid, could either type out somehow to the whole army, and or voice to text and have it appear for all defenders or attackers to see could be very useful, in a already chaotic situation.

Not even sure if I have ever seen that tech, nor know if it's even possible. Some people like myself are slow typers, taking my eyes off the fight to type something usually doesn't end well. if you can speak it, it's happens right away just like your talk normally in discord.
    Or cut and paste.
    Alpha One Sieges were not particularly chaotic.
    Steven had pleny of time to type out commands.