Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Confused About Camera/Combat Function

I did not get to play the alpha one test last year so I am unfamiliar with how the camera and hybrid combat systems functions. I watch the development update streams regularly, and it looks like from the gameplay shown that camera movement is not automatically tied to mouse movement like modern 3rd person action rpgs/mmos and you need to hold down left or right click to actually move the camera like WOW for instance. Is this the case all the time or will this be able to be toggled on and off? For example would i be able to play with the camera completely tied to my mouse movements all the time except for navigating menus? Also has there been any progress/update made to the hybrid combat system? Has the action combat been refined at all? I really want to support the game and buy a game package to get in and test the alpha two test when its released but I am really not a fan of old school/traditional style mmo camera movement & tab targeting combat. I played the apocalypse br game mode when it was available and really thought the combat felt pretty great. i can understand how maybe that exact combat system may not be best suited for a large scale mmo, but still I am hoping the action mode of combat in the live game will still be satisfying and somewhat similar as I can’t see myself getting invested into something thats strictly in favor of a tab targeting system.
Appreciate any info.

Comments

• Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    That is exactly how it worked in Alpha 1, however there was a Reticle Mode that you could enable that would help with this.

Still, though, because you need your mouse to navigate through your windows and your UI is customizable and therefore can appear anywhere on screen, it doesn't necessarily behave as you noted.

Either way, it's all due to be reworked, so it's probably best to check back next year.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.