Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

World Drops

Sorry this is long, and I will post this for the next stream update, but I had a question / idea.

When it comes to RNG I was curious if there will be a "world drop" loot table that has various extremely rare items that can drop from lol 1 to cap. These items could be as simple as a recipe that is only obtained via this loot table, making it not necessarily 1 per server, but almost.

Or perhaps as complex a player kills a mob, the mob drops an item that triggers a quest for that individual. Upon completion of that quest all nodes at stage X will spawn an NPC of the same race as the item finder/ quest starter. These NPC give out quests that support the item finder in a much grander quest. Like maybe the item finder has to slay a dragon and its a raid level and a special quest requiring the item finder to land the final hit, so once the boss gets down to 1 he it is immortal until the item finder slays him with a sword he had to make along the way. Like one node is tasked with constructing a sword another node tasked with another task, and all these tasks come together on a single individual player who leads the charge.

I personally like the idea of a world quest to be given to a singular person to start, have the world participate in and then have the person who started the world quest complete it. It makes the world seem like the single player really could cause a great change, even if it happens because of an RNG drop. If the world wants to complete that world quest, those people will eventually have to know that individual who started it, because they are the ones who have to finish it.

Comments

• Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    These sorts of things make great anime. But as soon as the person who gets it isn't into combat (mainly crafting), doesn't realize what they have (and throw it into storage), gets distracted by life (or frustrated by part of the quest), everything starts to fail. And that's before you get to the person it dropped for just being an asshole or all the related options.
  • Options
    What Songrune said, amazing in concept, and in the hands of the right players totally amazing potential. There are just too many ways for players to ruin it. However, you could easily change this to be a collection of loot drops, maybe 50 in the world, you only need 25 of the 50 to start the major quest and initiate the same quest progress you stated. Then any of the 25 can finish the quest.