Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PvP and Gameplay

Haven't heard or seen anything about the PvP system and general gameplay for a concerningly long time.
After playing New World I can say if the PvP works anything like that, where if you're in the wrong faction you are penalized, this is gonna be a hard pass for a ton of people. The node system sounds very similar.

Is there any new info about the combat of the game?
Last I saw people said it had a long way to go and haven't heard anything else.
Did you ever decide on tab or action? That's a huge style of gameplay difference.

There is a story for this right?
I just realized I haven't seen anything about a story or lore behind this world.

Comments

• Options
    Lore is being kept a secret to keep excitement of discovery, Combat is being revamped again after A1, A2 will be released in roughly a year and sometime before it does you can expect to see everything you might need on combat. They have stated they plan on mixing a tab/action combat system together to create a hybrid and utilize the best of both worlds. Release isn't for a minimum of 2 more years, so in the mean time browse the forums and wiki and get lost in the worlds of other games, as this one still has a long way to go.
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2022
    We have indeed not heard much about combat. They're still doing a redesign, and keeping it entirely secret for the moment. There's been no indication of them dropping either Action or Tab combat, though. "Hybrid" is still on the table.

Here's a rather long wiki page on the lore of Ashes of Creation.
  • Options
    Voxtrium wrote: »
    Lore is being kept a secret to keep excitement of discovery, Combat is being revamped again after A1, A2 will be released in roughly a year and sometime before it does you can expect to see everything you might need on combat. They have stated they plan on mixing a tab/action combat system together to create a hybrid and utilize the best of both worlds. Release isn't for a minimum of 2 more years, so in the mean time browse the forums and wiki and get lost in the worlds of other games, as this one still has a long way to go.

Ah, thanks for the info didn't realize it was still so far out seems like it's been forever already.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    There is info covering all your questions for you to form an opinion.
  • Options
    Cat QuiverCat Quiver Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The node system sounds very similar.
    Not really.