Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ships

I apologize in advance if this has been answered. So regarding ships and the ocean as a whole I feel like this is something that in previous mmos has been never really what I myself was looking for. I was wondering with ships in Ashes if it really feels like you are a member of the ship and not just afk sitting and waiting for the captain to get you to the destination. Will you be able to shoot "cannons" and maybe repair the ship if damage has been inflicted to it? I hope Ashes does the sea and ocean its justice as its really maybe not as important as land in most mmos but something that could really add to the game!

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2022
    I will assume you never played Archeage, which is an MMORPG most people who played would say had possible the best ship/naval systems/combat in the genre, in Archeage you could "shoot "cannons" and repair the ship if damage has been inflicted to it", also in some ships you could do things like, use the Radar to check for possible threats nearby, lower or raise the sails, shoot a ship harpoon to drag enemy ships near and etc.

Considering Ashes creator played the game and draws inspirations from it, you can probably expect Ships and sea content in general to be meaningful and possible get the feeling you are looking for..
    You can read more about it here.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Naval_combat
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options
    BandohBandoh Member
    Thanks for the insight to Archeage! If its similar to this I am all for it!
  • Options
    PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Im wondering if naval travel and combat is going to seem like something you can do as one ship, or if fleets are going to rule the waters making you need several ships to act together to travel safely
  • Options
    BandohBandoh Member
    Im sure you would be able to have a naval fleet, I want to make a guild with the main focus kinda being the ocean and running it in some capacity