Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Question about the Value of the Pre-Order Packs

G'day,

I'm planning on playing AoC when it comes out and I'm just now looking at the pre-order packs that are listed in the store. I'm certainly going to purchase one of the "Voyager" packs but I have some questions about 1 or 2 of the extra's in the V+ pack.
And it's the significance of the price difference between the two packs with the V+ being $125 dearer.

The main difference that I can see between these two packs is the reserving of your character name plus the extra game time & in-game currency of embers.

Now the other difference is that there are a couple of extra cosmetic items available with the V+ pack. The Aerospire Building Cosmetic Skin is intriguing.

Is the value of the extra game time + embers + cosmetics + name reservation really worth the $125 in your opinion?

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Cosmetics alone add $75 of value, so I'd think yes, $125 is just about right. Now whether I think it's worth it to get those cosmetics or that lvl of access - no. But I also don't care about cosmetics at all, so I'm not the target audience for them.
    Here's the breakdown of cosmetics costs. And in the future, you can buy singular cosmetics that relate to the package level (the colored dots)
    ynxusepnbz1q.png
  • Options
    Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I'm not really interested in the cosmetics but they come with the packs and the more expensive the pack the more of them plus other goodies. The extra game time is interesting. Which means that the game will be a subscription model - buy game/pay subs + pay extra for cosmetics. I like this type of game as I don't like F2P which invariably become P2W with lots of little micro-transactions.

I guess I will get the V+ pack as the name reservation is probably worth that to me. And for sure the early access "learn to play" alpha/beta's are going to help me greatly. I fully intend to immerse myself in this game when it becomes available.

TIA

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    RubyRose wrote: »
    buy game/pay subs + pay extra for cosmetics
    The game is sub only + cosmetics. No game purchase. $15 is all that you need to pay to play it on release.
  • Options
    Well that's even better!