Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Controller Support? Will AOC have some kind of controller support like the steam-controller?

Hi all,

I know this is a MMO but still I wonder about 'Will AOC have some kind of controller support like the steam-controller?'

/Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2022
    Probably a durring beta question to ask. Need to know how many actions a given character actually has before you try and map potentially 30 skills to a controller
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    No official controller support. Remapping key binds will be there and during the alpha one a few people did remap to use controllers. But with a complete listing of skills and no macros not sure how that would work out long term.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I mean, you get 32 skills for 'free'. L1+[any of 8 face buttons], L2+[any of 8 face buttons], R1+[any of 8 face buttons], R2+[any of 8 face buttons]. And even that leaves all face buttons (alone) free for jump dodge roll, whatever. I figure that if they want to add controller support, "oops I have too many hotbar slots" won't be their big limitation.

That said:
    Controller support
    Testing Ashes of Creation Apocalypse controller support.[57]

The Ashes of Creation MMO is not designed around controller support.[58]

Ashes of Creation Apocalypse may have controller support.[59]

Controller support will likely be something we work on closer to launch.[60] – Steven Sharif
    ref