Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A small suggestion/question for the forum team - Alpha 0 role

AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited June 2022 in General Discussion
Would it be possible to add an Alpha 0 role to the member roles like you have with pledge packages and Alpha 1?

Edit for some clarification: In a broader perspective I am not only talking about the A0 role but allowing for players to display different titles on the forums would be super cool, Imo! Bit of a bragging right, of course but also a nice way to tell players and their achievements apart, as well as exciting stories to tell and information to give. Of course the titles are not a necessity for that but would be a welcome addition in my book

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Why?
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    Why?

For those interested in the changes made from A0 to the current iterations of the alphas and betas, I think it would make sense to show, so that they can ask if they have any questions in regards to what has and hasn't changed. Also I just personally really like the idea of players having multiple different roles to showcase, depending on the different kinds of achievements they've achieved in regards to the game - assisting in the testing being one of them.
  • Options
    Amist wrote: »
    Why?

For those interested in the changes made from A0 to the current iterations of the alphas and betas, I think it would make sense to show, so that they can ask if they have any questions in regards to what has and hasn't changed.
    I fail to see how it would assist in this. People can ask questions, and those with answers can give them.
    Also I just personally really like the idea of players having multiple different roles to showcase, depending on the different kinds of achievements they've achieved in regards to the game - assisting in the testing being one of them.
    In other words, you want it just because you want it?

Seems superfluous to me.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Amist wrote: »
    Why?

For those interested in the changes made from A0 to the current iterations of the alphas and betas, I think it would make sense to show, so that they can ask if they have any questions in regards to what has and hasn't changed.
    I fail to see how it would assist in this. People can ask questions, and those with answers can give them.
    Also I just personally really like the idea of players having multiple different roles to showcase, depending on the different kinds of achievements they've achieved in regards to the game - assisting in the testing being one of them.
    In other words, you want it just because you want it?

Seems superfluous to me.

Hah, I mean, of course it's because I want it. If I didn't, I wouldn't be requesting it, in a similar vain to many other people asking for certain things to be added and/or removed. However, like titles in WoW that showcase different achievements, I don't think it's an absurd thing to be asking about. This would be an addition to the already pre-existing roles on the forums. In a similar vain to how it's nice to be able to showcase the kind of backer you are, if any, it's also nice to showcase the kinds of testing you've participated in. It might be sort of a selfish request as it obviously boils down to me having participated in said test and wanting to be able to 1. show it off and 2. locate other fellow a0 testers through the titles, as well as have other people be able to ask questions if interested.
  • Options
    I was in A0 as well, I dont see the point.

It isnt exactly something worth showing off.

Again, if people want to ask questions about A0, it isnt a lack of titles stopping them.
  • Options
    MerekMerek Member
    edited June 2022
    You weren't part of it but you want the participation trophy? No, lol.
    (Oh, you were, what? Who cares, weird request.)
  • Options
    Oh well, maybe the idea wasn't as good as I thought it'd be! Thanks for the feedback and input you guys :)