Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Are mining/nodes usable by all characters on the map like in gw2, or is it like wow with 1 player?

frostyequinoxfrostyequinox Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Apologies if it's already been asked, I can't find the post if it has.

Was just wondering if gathering is like it in gw2 where you can all grab the same node and it despawns for you, or is it like wow where your all fighting over a node? (obviously by my comment you can tell what I prefer lol)

Or is it an entirely new system I have not encountered yet :hushed:

Comments

• Options
    JhorenJhoren Member
    In Alpha 1 it was for 1 player. So you had to fight over the nodes. My guess is it will stay that way since the game is built around what Steven calls soft friction between players. Sexy, sexy soft friction....
  • Options
    It will definitely be contested nodes! All part of the day to day pvp decision making you may experience in even things as simple as gathering.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Players will be competing over nodes. Limiting resources is one of the big drivers for open world player conflict.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    During a dev update video, I heard them say there will be a mix of sources for resources. Some sources will disappear after being harvested by a player (like in WoW). Other sources will stick around for a while and attract multiple players.

"Other resources will exist as a cluster (also called vein gatherables). These will last until the full resource is depleted."

There must be some mechanic in place to prevent the first person to find the vein from getting a ridiculous amount of resources, but I don't know what's planned.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Otr wrote: »
    But if resources in the world are limited, and from them we create items, upgrade nodes and setup sieges, what happens when they are depleted?

They respawn, but in very different locations and concentrations. Resource stealing from competing nodes will definitely be a thing.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png