Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

To Be A Knight

Hello all, I wanted to know what everyone's thoughts on the Knight class and how do you think it will play, More DPS based or Tank based. Would love to hear input on this thx :D
Always Be Yourself, Stay Humble

Comments

• Options
    JoeBadmemesJoeBadmemes Member
    edited June 2022
    Knight's primary is a tank while its secondary is fighter. This sounds like your traditional tank that holds aggro on the boss with fighter augments. We don't know much about how augments affect each archetype specifically. Maybe a Tank's Onslaught can be augmented with Fighter with a chance to knock the enemy down.
    cpin3f6apy46.png
    Joe Badmemes | Guild Member | Heathen Lords
    jkzs48vdkx13.png
  • Options
    PachiPachi Member
    edited June 2022
    Knight's primary is a tank while its secondary is fighter. This sounds like your traditional tank that holds aggro on the boss with fighter augments. We don't know much about how augments affect each archetype specifically. Maybe a Tank's Onslaught can be augmented with Fighter with a chance to knock the enemy down.
    cpin3f6apy46.png

Wonder if the augments will have some abilities that will allow the knight to hold aggro, as well provide some decent dps. Cant wait to hear more on this class and the augments.
  • Options
    JoeBadmemesJoeBadmemes Member
    edited June 2022
    Pachi wrote: »
    cpin3f6apy46.png

wonder if the augments will have some abilities that will allow the knight to hold aggro, as well provide some decent dps. Cant wait to hear more on this class and the augments.

You start off as a tank as a knight so I'm assuming you'll have aggro skills in your base class already. If it didn't, I'd be surprised. It's in the name.
    jkzs48vdkx13.png
  • Options
    PachiPachi Member
    cpin3f6apy46.png

wonder if the augments will have some abilities that will allow the knight to hold aggro, as well provide some decent dps. Cant wait to hear more on this class and the augments.

You start off as a tank as a knight so I'm assuming you'll have aggro skills in your base class already. If it didn't, I'd be surprised. It's in the name.

Ah yeah that's right you do start from Tank-Fighter. I winder how it will play though with fighter being your secondary to be a knight, compared to the other tank classes, I'm hoping for a tank yes but maybe with some strong ish dps, its not like a knight can't fight you know lol. Fun to speculate.
  • Options
    cpin3f6apy46.png

Ah yeah that's right you do start from Tank-Fighter. I winder how it will play though with fighter being your secondary to be a knight, compared to the other tank classes, I'm hoping for a tank yes but maybe with some strong ish dps, its not like a knight can't fight you know lol. Fun to speculate.

If you're looking to deal strong ish dps while having the ability to take aggro you might wanna look into Dreadnought as well. I'm theorizing it'll fill the role of an off tank.
    jkzs48vdkx13.png
  • Options
    PachiPachi Member
    cpin3f6apy46.png

If you're looking to deal strong ish dps while having the ability to take aggro you might wanna look into Dreadnought as well. I'm theorizing it'll fill the role of an off tank.

I was thinking the knight would be a off tank as well , I'll check out the other class, with so many different types of tanks, wonder how the it's all going to play out.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    I was thinking the knight would be a off tank as well , I'll check out the other class, with so many different types of tanks, wonder how the it's all going to play out.
    A first archetype tank can't be an off tank, because his main role is to tank. Off tanks will be the classes that take tank as their secondary archetype.
  • Options
    PachiPachi Member
    NiKr wrote: »
    A first archetype tank can't be an off tank, because his main role is to tank. Off tanks will be the classes that take tank as their secondary archetype.

Ah , ok ty for clearing that up. 🤙
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2022
    I mean, technically, a Knightt could be an off-tank... especially in a 9+ person group.
    In an 8-person group, a Knight would typically be expected to main tank.

How much DPS you get depends on the augments you apply, your stats and your skill point allocation.
    A Knight can boost DPS with Racial and Social Org augments, in addition to Secondary Archetype augments.
  • Options
    PachiPachi Member
    Dygz wrote: »
    I mean, technically, a Knightt could be an off-tank... especially in a 9+ person group.
    In an 8-person group, a Knight would typically be expected to main tank.

How much DPS you get depends on the augments you apply, your stats and your skill point allocation.
    A Knight can boost DPS with Racial and Social Org augments, in addition to Secondary Augment augments.

Yeah I'm really curious to see how well the augments will work.