Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Exploring

Let's say i live in the top right of the map, which reason do i have to explore bottom left? would it be possible that i have one to go there often? and i'm talking about open world features, ride my mount, go there and there is something i couldn't do/get/whatever in my zone of influence that makes the travel worth it

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Different resources that you might need for crafting. Different bosses that might drop some gear you want. Different quests, because that part of the world might have higher lvled nodes of types that haven't been leveled in your region. Just for the sake of traveling to other parts of the world to see them.
  • Options
    SinderSinder Member
    You also may need to travel their to update your map information on the area.
    wbauorbolxt1.png
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If you aren't the type of person who likes exploring, odds are you won't have to explore there, and that's a good thing. As somewhat of an explorer myself, I understand the interest, and I understand not wanting that effort be wasted, but it's important to think of the other side as well. Some people aren't explorers. That said, as an explorer, you might find:

- Different types of terrain, or enemies.
    - Different climates with different types of vistas.
    - Different types of creatures
    - Nodes of different types, hosting guilds with different philosophies, and different types of activities.
    - Different resources, be that drops or gathering related.
    - Based on that last stream: nodes that may be in a different season than you're experiencing back at home, with everything that implies.

And that's just in three minutes off the top of my head. Node development, if nothing else, will have a huge impact on the shape of each region, and the difference between an arid climate and a wet one, or between a region under the control of a Religious node vs an Economic node, are not to be underestimated.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    The value for exploration is intrinsic to me. I don’t need any reward to explore what’s over that ridge other than I want to know what’s on the other side of that ridge.

On the flip side I don’t give a rip about defeating raid boss x. Different strokes, man.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    ClintHardwoodClintHardwood Member
    edited June 2022
    Roofian wrote: »
    Let's say i live in the top right of the map, which reason do i have to explore bottom left? would it be possible that i have one to go there often? and i'm talking about open world features, ride my mount, go there and there is something i couldn't do/get/whatever in my zone of influence that makes the travel worth it

One incentive can be local resources that when transported back to your home node will earn you a pretty penny.
  • Options
    darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    NiKr wrote: »
    Different resources that you might need for crafting. Different bosses that might drop some gear you want. Different quests, because that part of the world might have higher lvled nodes of types that haven't been leveled in your region. Just for the sake of traveling to other parts of the world to see them.

in addition to different resources you might need the resources that are in abundance in your node will most likely be non-existent in a node that far off making the profit from selling them 10x the price of your home node. Buy resources for pennies or gather them yourself and turn around and sell them for dollars
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2022
    Racial progression, Social Org progression, Gathering progression...
    Diplomacy for Node progression... Castle rivalries...

Just to start...
    We may find more incentives once we play.
  • Options
    I will be happy if Ashes implements some kind of Journal, something similar to WoW's Achievements or OSRS's Collection Log, for people who like to tick boxes, ie completionists, hopefully without time-limited goals.

No rewards from completing it, except from maybe skins and feeling good about your e-penis in the shape of a Journal. So exploring the world could be involved in completing this Journal: visiting every X (region, node, continent, biome, etc), killing every species(?) of mob, falling every kind of tree, fishing every kind of fish, etc.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶