Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

FSR 2.0 support

NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
It seems like a no-brainer to add FSR 2.0 support, but thought I would mention it here :wink: 4K gaming for life! Until 8K becomes mainstream...

It's getting a UE5 plugin, so I don't see why they wouldn't. It means better performance for AMD cards, so not just Nvidia getting the edge with DLSS.

If you have no idea what I am babbling about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s25cnyTMHHM

Comments

• VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    I know the team here at Intrepid Studios is always looking at the latest technology to see what would make sense for our team to implement! So, we shall see ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There is always scope creep.
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dygz wrote: »

This is just a plugin for UE5 though. Not in the realm of scope creep. It's a tech addition that improves performance.
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nerror wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »

This is just a plugin for UE5 though. Not in the realm of scope creep. It's a tech addition that improves performance.

It's still something that would have to be extensively tested to make sure it works as intended with the game, and that's resources that could potentially be spent on something else.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The UE5 plugins have been updated to FSR 2.1 now :smile:
    Unreal Engine FSR 2 plugin updates

As well as updating the FSR 2 source code, we’ve also updated our Unreal Engine plugins as well, meaning you can now upgrade to using FSR 2.1 in your Unreal games for UE 4.26, 4.27, and UE 5.

It’s important that we draw your attention to the documentation for our updated plugins. We’ve provided a lot of new information on performance recommendations and known issues in our how-to guide, which we strongly recommend you read in order to get the best performance from FSR 2.1.

This includes highlighting new patches for Unreal Engine (which you can find in the plugin package) to help improve things for your game even further. A more detailed guide on using these will appear on GPUOpen in the near future.