Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

time magic?

im just curious if theres gonna be any classes that can use time magic as a timegod build is one i have and main in eso and am curious if that will be possible or if i'll only be able to play a spatial manipulation mage but playing a arch wizard with all teleporation augments.

Comments

• DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I mean Blink and Teleport have time components as well as space components.
    I guess if you have Time magic in ESO, it's possble to also have similar powers in Ashes.
  • i mean when you think about what space and time is irl techincally if you could manipulate the fabric of space you could possible theoretically also manipulate time but ultimately this is kinda a selfish post simply cause i will switch to ashes when it hits beta-1 but dont love the idea of saying goodbye to the badass time manipulation magic just yet...
  • Night WingsNight Wings Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Personally I don't really see much "Time" like ability's being in AOC. I could be completely wrong, but I don't know. The only class I can see being with any "time ability's" would be a mage because of the blink/teleport ability's. Honestly its to early to really say anything about class spells etc...

Ashes_of_Creation_Class_List.jpg

• DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Spellmancer could be interestng for Summoning Time??
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    I could use a summon time spell irl.

Time is simply a measure of relative motion. So this could be done pretty easily with a set of direct and AoE haste / slow abilities.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Dygz wrote: »
    Spellmancer could be interestng for Summoning Time??

thats acutally pretty interesting......
  • Single player games has more tools in use what it comes to play with time but I have seen some in multiplayer games as well. On top of what have been already mentioned, mage in WoW has or had some abilities related to the time. You could for example click an ability which would after X amount of seconds return you to the situation when you clicked. This affected e.g. to mana, hp, cooldowns, buffs and perhaps even position.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • edited June 2022
    Dygz wrote: »
    I mean Blink and Teleport have time components as well as space components.
    I guess if you have Time magic in ESO, it's possble to also have similar powers in Ashes.

There's like a couple of skills for time magic in ESO. Time Stop costs way too much and the ult (Undo) never properly works. Undo is really fun when it works and you are being chased though. Having enemies follow you down a steep cliff, and as they all fall to their death, you click Undo and get zapped back up to top of cliff lol.

But as long as Intrepid doesn't go GW2 portal approach to time magic i'm happy.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • edited June 2022
    Personally I don't really see much "Time" like ability's being in AOC. I could be completely wrong, but I don't know. The only class I can see being with any "time ability's" would be a mage because of the blink/teleport ability's. Honestly its to early to really say anything about class spells etc...

Ashes_of_Creation_Class_List.jpg

Well you do have 'Trickster' under Bard in there. Could be illusion/time magic that confuses enemy. Time doesn't have to be past/future. It can be present time as well. So maybe the trickster could use spells that sorta creates a Stranger Things effect by creating an alternate reality. Maybe a shadow clone of enemy that helps fight along with you.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Because of what we know of the overall "class" concept. You'll probably be better off with a mage or other casting base class. And then adding a secondary class with augments which give access to haste, or slowing changes.