Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Should you be able to ride your mount indoors?

akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Watching some past footage, I felt there was lost emersion by having mounts indoors.

My personal preference would be to be only able to use them outdoors.
Perhaps exceptions for castle lord and/or clan leaders to have them stand out from the rest.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Make it a toggleable option for freeholds/in-node housing and an option on mayoral lvl for any public places. Same for castles and controlling monarchs.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Depends on what counts as indoors.
  • Options
    Yeah its a bit weird if you Mount up on your Dragon or some bigger mount inside a House/Hall or inside a narrow Dungeon.
    uwu
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    NiKr wrote: »
    Make it a toggleable option for freeholds/in-node housing and an option on mayoral lvl for any public places. Same for castles and controlling monarchs.

I'd be all for this, but I would want to see it having some mechanic effect as well.

I just really like the idea of node and castle policy decisions having both a mechanical and aesthetic effect.
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would like that the game would automatically make mounts disappear when going inside buildings.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    Even though I agree with having collision in Ashes, I already fear people trolling/griefing nodes by blocking buildings, gates, NPCs, etc with their mounts.

For that reason alone I hope that you're automatically unmounted when entering buildings, like @T Elf said.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    BaSkA13 wrote: »
    Even though I agree with having collision in Ashes, I already fear people trolling/griefing nodes by blocking buildings, gates, NPCs, etc with their mounts.

For that reason alone I hope that you're automatically unmounted when entering buildings, like T Elf said.
    Have the inertia against mounted people just a bit higher than unmounted ones and you won't really have this problem.
  • Options
    PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Mounts are suposed to become persistant/ not tied to the player. So geting off your mount and leaving it outside type of thing. And mounts shoukd get their own hitboxes, allowing them to fit into doors or not
  • Options
    I think it depends on how big the room is. But no, i wouldn't want someone to mount a dragon inside a small house. Only where it makes sense in size.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    SweatycupSweatycup Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2022
    Please no. We already had people in alpha 1 blocking doors from being open or passed through by one person just being a door stop. Imagine trying to kill a player and just door blocking everything and everyone. I hope doors will be destroyable but know this is probably ever unlikely. In the case of attack in a city just block the door from the inside. Easy pvp disengage toggle enable.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Sweatycup wrote: »
    Please no. We already had people in alpha 1 blocking doors from being open or passed through by one person just being a door stop. Imagine trying to kill a player and just door blocking everything and everyone. I hope doors will be destroyable but know this is probably ever unlikely. In the case of attack in a city just block the door from the inside. Easy pvp disengage toggle enable.
    Iirc alpha1 didn't have inertia yet, so you couldn't push people away.
  • Options
    I hope GM's have a doorway crush skill that just nukes all areas marked as doorways. Kills all who want to be a problem when they deem to use it
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »

For that reason alone I hope that you're automatically unmounted when entering buildings, like T Elf said.
    Have the inertia against mounted people just a bit higher than unmounted ones and you won't really have this problem.

That will probably work if you need to get past a dozen people.

But I'm talking about 137 people mounted on their horses blocking the only door of a shop, then I'm not sure it would work. This (griefing/trolling with mounts or even unmounted characters) happens in almost every game with collision I have ever played and it has potential of being a real issue, especially if people are able to do it to disturb caravans, disturb "enemy" nodes during a vassal x parent race, disturb taverns, etc.

In my view, it's not simple to resolve this without removing collision in some areas and it can (and probably will) be done with ill intent.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    That will probably work if you need to get past a dozen people.

But I'm talking about 137 people mounted on their horses blocking the only door of a shop, then I'm not sure it would work. This (griefing/trolling with mounts or even unmounted characters) happens in almost every game with collision I have ever played and it has potential of being a real issue, especially if people are able to do it to disturb caravans, disturb "enemy" nodes during a vassal x parent race, disturb taverns, etc.

In my view, it's not simple to resolve this without removing collision in some areas and it can (and probably will) be done with ill intent.
    You're right, dicks will always be dicks. So that would be an issue even w/o mounts and Intrepid will probably have to make non-collision zones.
  • Options
    I vote for super collision zones instead of non collision zones. On entry of a "doorway" add infinite mass to target. Lasts .2 seconds.