Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

New class

I feel like we are missing one class...martial artist or hand to hand combat.
That is like one of most classic class in almost every MMOs.
any1 else?

Comments

• Options
    Shogun_Shogun_ Member
    edited June 2022
    ye that would be great a whole Asian Martial Arts Tree combined with classes like Samurai's, monk's, and so on
  • Options
    There's 64 classes already, I think we have enough. We got weapons that will allow us to do meele.
  • Options
    yea but why tho it wouldnt be wrong to give players more variaty because i believe there is a lot of people interested in the eastern martial arts would be great if it could be at least an future update
  • Options
    Happymeal2415Happymeal2415 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If remember correctly monk and druid were in Steven's original plan but got cut in the early days of development. I would assume they got put into the post release pile. I would think they'll come In a future expansion.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    If remember correctly monk and druid were in Steven's original plan but got cut in the early days of development. I would assume they got put into the post release pile. I would think they'll come In a future expansion.

This is my thinking as well, honestly.

I mean, they will need to add new classes at some point, and these are the two glaring omissions.

That said, adding two new archetypes does mean adding 36 "classes" as this game calls them, so it isn't a trivial addition.
  • Options
    Otr wrote: »
    I don't see all those 64 as different classes. More just variations.
    But a monk feels to me unrealistic in such games because fighting without weapons and sometime even naked should bring him great disadvantage.

Usually monk type classes that I've seen mmos have some sort of knuckle bracelet as a weapon
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Noaani wrote: »
    This is my thinking as well, honestly.

I mean, they will need to add new classes at some point, and these are the two glaring omissions.

That said, adding two new archetypes does mean adding 36 "classes" as this game calls them, so it isn't a trivial addition.
    Now that I think about it, AoC's added classes will be probably the best version of that content in any mmo (at least from the ones I know). In other mmos if you wanna test out a new class you gotta make a whole new character, while here you can just grab their augments to see what the class feels like and then, if you're interested - you can level it up completely.

Guess FF14 is close to that cause everything's on one character, but afaik you still need to relevel the new profession, so it's still not really "just a taste" but a whole damn full course.
  • Options
    Have in mind, that when/if a class is added to the game. It should also be added as a secondary class for all the others, with ways to augment them. Then add in all the other classes and races, religion, needs ways to augment the new class