Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

HYPE TRAIN FOR THE JUNE UPDATE

Next Dev stream is TODAY at 11am Pacific time- going to be seeing some combat updates... and maybe an ALPHA 2 DATE TEASE???(a broken man can hope).

Let's get some hype in here to support our grand overlord Steven!

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    The only thing I need to hear on this stream is "this is what we've chosen to be our combat system and we'll now start working on everything that's connected to it. You don't like it? That's your problem".

It's been a year since the last combat update. If they're still not sure about which direction to go, I'd be a bit more than just concerned. Even though I trust all the other devs to do an amazing job because we've seen proof of that work already.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    The only thing I need to hear on this stream is "this is what we've chosen to be our combat system and we'll now start working on everything that's connected to it. You don't like it? That's your problem".

It's been a year since the last combat update. If they're still not sure about which direction to go, I'd be a bit more than just concerned. Even though I trust all the other devs to do an amazing job because we've seen proof of that work already.

Totally agree. Based on my fever hunt for any type of AoC content, I see a lot of people saying "well why don't they add more of classes" or "why do you hate casuals?" Or "I want to be a my little pony kin, when are they adding horse people?".

At this point, AoC has an incredible amount of diverse and interesting content planned out. People will complain that this isn't animal crossing the mmo or WoW in UE5, but as long as they stick to their guns within reason we should get a fantastic game. They've struck a great balance of "Listen to the community" and "yeah we are not adding laser guns to AoC"
  • Options
    Incredibly excited about today's stream (in 2 hours time). I am looking forward to hearing something about alpha - 2 and/or the combat system. If we can get at least one of these from the devs then I will be set for the remainder of the year concerning the path of development going forward for this game. If not, that's alright too.
  • Options
    Same here! I am curious if they want to have everything "ready" for Alpha 2, or if they will feed in new facets of the game as the test runs. I understand Alpha 2 will run until release, so I am sure they will want to have people give everything a good test run to make sure it works before releasing to the remainder of players
  • Options
    Probably both. They want everything ready for the launch of alpha-2, then once thousands of players log in to test, they will pick up the pieces (development/and/or/bugs) gradually. So everything must be prepared for the overhaul, then once that happens gradual development after threshold.
    A true friend is the greater angel during times of utter darkness.
  • Options
    Probably both. They want everything ready for the launch of alpha-2, then once thousands of players log in to test, they will pick up the pieces (development/and/or/bugs) gradually. So everything must be prepared for the overhaul, then once that happens gradual development after threshold.

That makes sense. I almost feel like Alpha 2 is the "beta", and the two beta tests will be more server stress tests/final polishing. Can't wait to jump in!
  • Options

That makes sense. I almost feel like Alpha 2 is the "beta", and the two beta tests will be more server stress tests/final polishing. Can't wait to jump in!

I imagine alpha 2 will be a barebones version of AoC with all systems in place but with many aspects of them missing. For example, we might have every class, but they won't have their sub-class specific skills in yet.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I'm so hype about today's June Update i put a "meeting" on my calendar so no one at work can bother me :D Also setting my Slack on Pause Notifications lol.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    45 MINUTESSSSSSS

I imagine alpha 2 will be a barebones version of AoC with all systems in place but with many aspects of them missing. For example, we might have every class, but they won't have their sub-class specific skills in yet.

Actually I think you are more on point than I am. We will get to run through barebones stuff, they troubleshoot, give us a little more, and so on. There is so much depth here that there is no way they can get it all out for alpha
  • Options
    Otr wrote: »

That is how I imagined too, reading the wiki: Alpha 2 will not have all features but will get the gradually. Then the Betas will be short no not burn out the players.
    Still is not clear how long Alpha 2 will last.

I don't mind if A2 is 2 months, 6 months or 12 months. I just want to get in there and give as much feedback as i possibly can.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    Otr wrote: »

That is how I imagined too, reading the wiki: Alpha 2 will not have all features but will get the gradually. Then the Betas will be short no not burn out the players.
    Still is not clear how long Alpha 2 will last.

I don't mind if A2 is 2 months, 6 months or 12 months. I just want to get in there and give as much feedback as i possibly can.

1 million percent. Whatever intrepid needs to provide the incredible experience they have been showing off so far. I mean alpha 1 had no where near what the full game will have and it looked like such a blast
  • Options
    DKPDKP Member
    I'm so hype about today's June Update i put a "meeting" on my calendar so no one at work can bother me :D Also setting my Slack on Pause Notifications lol.

Did we just become best friends?!
  • Options
    YepodYepod Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I made a CowCostumeSteven Twitch emote as a nice little tribute for the OG's. All oh hail Steven the intrepid Lord.
  • Options
    The June Update was absolutely awesome im really hyped!! ♥
    uwu
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Better than any hype.
  • Options
    Thanks for an update! I