Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Animations for resisting [Knock back] and [Knock down]

BotagarBotagar Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Hello all.

After watching the latest dev live stream, I have a topic of feedback related to combat animations.

During the Rock Golem's [Land slide?] ability, Stephen gets knocked back.
Now to me, just having the character translated like that in the game world is super jarring. Animations were looking great up to that point.
My gut reaction at that point was "It would be cool the character stabbed the ground with the sword to stabilize itself during the push". Now, I'm not sure if that's the perfect animation for that scenario, but I do believe there should be something.
It could also help in the flow of battle if we see our/any character perform some of these resisting animations, we know as players that a CC move had just been laid down even if we missed it due to screen clutter or something else.

Most important of all, seeing my character recover from CC with some badass animations would help me feel more like a badass myself :lol: