Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

New Dash Looks Siiiiick

I know the focus was on basic attack animations but I couldn't help but notice that the dash showcased in the combat update looks amazing! It had speed & weight, it didn't feel floaty at all. The ability to spam it 3 times assumedly using a 'charges' system felt great. Charge & teleport abilities are bread and butter of movement (and travel) and I'm excited with this update.
f51pcwlbgn8a.png

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Most likely some form of the Fighter's Rush Active Skill.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    Most likely some form of the Fighter's Rush Active Skill.

For sure. Much better than the one we've been seeing a lot of in the past where you just kind of floated over to your target with a big shiny animation. I hope that 'standard' Rush gets an animation re-work as well.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I dunno what you mean by "standard" Rush, but...
    All of the movements seemed less floaty - even running. I want to see how that feels with a Dwarf since they need to cover the same distance in the same time frames as Humans, even with their shorter legs.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    I dunno what you mean by "standard" Rush, but...
    All of the movementthe s seemed less floaty - even running. I want to see how that feels with a Dwarf since they need to cover the same distance in the same time frames as Humans, even with their shorter legs.

Sorry, I mean this ability he's using at 11:43. Just the standard Rush ability without any augments.
    https://youtu.be/mwVBdQXCFIk?t=701

I hope that clears up what I'm referring to as a 'floaty' dash/rush ability.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I wasn't a big fan of how instant it was (it's essentially a teleport) and that he could spam it three times in a row. I would like to see it slowed down, and definitely not be able to be spammed 3 times in a row.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Oh. That Tank Active Skill is Onslaught, I think.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    yeah the speed of Onslaught felt pretty good. It wasn't instant like the dash we saw yesterday.
  • Options
    Nerror wrote: »
    I wasn't a big fan of how instant it was (it's essentially a teleport) and that he could spam it three times in a row. I would like to see it slowed down, and definitely not be able to be spammed 3 times in a row.

Valid concern. I wonder (speculating here) if he was a fighter/rogue (with the daggers) and that is the 'rogue' augment that lets him zip around so quickly. I'm totally okay with a fast dash for classes built around being fast/mobile. I don't think it should be available to everyone, though.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png