Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How will shield/dual-wielding/1 one-handed weapon affect movement speed, attack speed,...?

AcijAcij Member
edited July 2022 in General Discussion
I was wondering will there be a difference (in mobility, attack speed , dmg, cast speed, etc) between one-handed weapon + shield, dual wielding and just 1 one-handed weapon.

Meaning....
shield + one handed weapon - higher defense but slower mobility, attack speed, lower dmg, etc
dual wielding - lower defense but higher dmg, attack speed but lower mobility, etc
1 one handed weapon - lower defense and dmg but higher mobility, better cast speed, lighter in weight, etc

I would love to see just 1 one-handed combat style

Comments

• Options
    we have already seen the 2h change your incombat speed by slowing down during swings, slower attacks versus the daggers. I don't think your passive move speed is impacted and we will have to see how different weapons are balanced but given they will have somewhere in between for "medium" setups there will likely be somewhere in-between as well.
  • Options
    superhero6785superhero6785 Member
    edited July 2022
    Typically dual wielding gives you an attack speed buff, otherwise you'd be better off just using whichever 1h weapon was better, rather than averaging them together alternating attacks. This presents a problem for 1h + free hand styles - what's the benefit over dual wield? Maybe increasing dodge chance if you have a free hand (because you're more mobile), or getting a bonus to critical chance (because you're more singularly focused)? I do think we need support for the 1h rapier / fencing style.

1h + shield could just give -10% attack speed or something, but have the added defense. In fact, different types of shields could give varying attack speed debuffs. Bigger shields = more defense = slower attack speed? Then you have the choice of exactly just HOW tanky do you want to be, sacrificing dps along the way.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png