Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Taxes from Castles vs Nodes

From what steven has said (Tim the Tat Man interview last year) the taxes from nodes do no go toward the guild or mayor of the node. The node taxes only go toward improvements for the node.

Taxes are also collected by the castles. Do those go to the guild bank who owns the castle?

I don't see much point in owning the castles otherwise or am I missing something?

Comments

• Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think that there are three nodes within the territory of each castle. If the guild that takes the castle can level up those nodes, I believe that those guilds will get taxes, better defenses, and other benefits from those nodes.

Normal nodes are outside of the jurisdiction of castles.
  • Options
    Do you think the tax money will go into their guild banks so they can do payouts to their guild members? Has anyone heard Steven say something about this?
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2022
    To my knowledge, the money from castle taxes does go to the guild bank.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A "portion" of the taxes generated go to the guild leader directly for them to do with as they see fit. If you are worried about a similar situation as New World where a few guilds monopolized the central two territories and spent the tax money that rolled in as kickbacks to members and to pay for gear upgrades and consumables to make themselves even more unbeatable in a siege, don't. It is not a passive income. The guild leaders and their members have to spend each week developing the mini nodes attached. This requires them to collect the npc run caravans that are coming in from all over the 20% of the world map that falls under their umbrella. Anyone can attack and loot those, thus reducing their income. A guild that does not spend on improving their defenses in those 3 mini nodes will be gimped come the 4th week when they lose those bonuses to defending the castle. None of these mechanics apply to node mayors. A different system is in place and they have no way to profit from the taxes generated.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Anyone want to RP a CPA? Gotta slay those 1099s.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    tautau wrote: »
    I think that there are three nodes within the territory of each castle. If the guild that takes the castle can level up those nodes, I believe that those guilds will get taxes, better defenses, and other benefits from those nodes.

Normal nodes are outside of the jurisdiction of castles.

The 5 pvp castles control 100% of the map when it comes to taxation (20% each and the ZOI are fixed). The mini nodes attached to each individual castle are sieged in a weekly rotation. Losing those nodes in the leadup to the 4th week main castle siege removes various perks and bonuses given to defenders. For example, wrymlings can be assigned to guild lieutenants to fly on. While not as powerful as the main dragon ridden by the guild leader during the siege, they can still affect things greatly. Every mini-node they lose reduces the number of those available in the main siege.
    Please reference castle nodes and guild castle sections.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Castle_sieges
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg