Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Question about crafted items from the June Update

In the June Development Update Steven mentioned "Crafters make the best shit!" And I love that sentiment. It will, at the end of the day, take a hell of a lot of effort to get through the extensive supply chain of this game and to ensure that your supply lines stay intact.
My question, as a person that intends on being the primary Animal Husbander in my guild/server, is what are the current plans, if any, to ensure that people that select the Gathering and Processing Artisan Classes do not fall behind for potential top end content for Crafters? Are we going to have to be reliant on the Crafters in our guild producing enough equipment for all members to be viable for top end content? Are the differences between a primary Crafters gear and a primary Gatherer or Processors gear negligible enough in the early late game that they can perform/craft comparably until the Crafters can get the specialized skills/items required for their more unique gear output?

Just for further context the friend I intend on playing AoC with and I are off and on Mythic Warcraft raiders and guild leaders, and do intend on being either part of larger high end content guilds or forming our own for AoC.
dbijjcb82bfn.png
Professional Skeptic, Entertainer, and Animal Enthusiast

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    If you're going to be in a guild, just have a guild crafter and pool all resources onto him and craft all the things you need. Done so countless times in L2.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    If you're going to be in a guild, just have a guild crafter and pool all resources onto him and craft all the things you need. Done so countless times in L2.

I understand that that is going to be the dynamic in the long term. Of course the Crafters will be heaped with resources and make every finished product for other members. But I'm addressing the first week(s) of new content tiers here.
    If there are going to be hurdles to overcome in the supply chains there will be limited resources to craft the top tier items. These bottlenecks tend to create more guild drama over who is entitled to what with crafters of items feeling entitled to keeping them as they crafted it, and leadership feeling like they're entitled to it for their position in the guild, etc. Then there's the problem of specifically Animal Husbanders who don't gather nearly as many materials or craft the highest quality items being at a severe disadvantage at early content as their overall contribution to those items are less.
    I forsee a major social problem in a lot of guilds of Processors being treated as a second class because they don't fill a traditional role in an MMO supply chain.
    dbijjcb82bfn.png
    Professional Skeptic, Entertainer, and Animal Enthusiast
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    If there are going to be hurdles to overcome in the supply chains there will be limited resources to craft the top tier items. These bottlenecks tend to create more guild drama over who is entitled to what with crafters of items feeling entitled to keeping them as they crafted it, and leadership feeling like they're entitled to it for their position in the guild, etc. Then there's the problem of specifically Animal Husbanders who don't gather nearly as many materials or craft the highest quality items being at a severe disadvantage at early content as their overall contribution to those items are less.
    I forsee a major social problem in a lot of guilds of Processors being treated as a second class because they don't fill a traditional role in an MMO supply chain.
    I mean, to me that sounds like a guild's own issue rather than a systematic one. If a guild can't properly figure out and agree on a particular gear distribution way - that's a bad guild imo. And if the leadership hordes all the gear - I just leave with my party and now that guild is weaker because of me doing so.
  • Options
    In the June Development Update Steven mentioned "Crafters make the best shit!" And I love that sentiment. It will, at the end of the day, take a hell of a lot of effort to get through the extensive supply chain of this game and to ensure that your supply lines stay intact.
    My question, as a person that intends on being the primary Animal Husbander in my guild/server, is what are the current plans, if any, to ensure that people that select the Gathering and Processing Artisan Classes do not fall behind for potential top end content for Crafters? Are we going to have to be reliant on the Crafters in our guild producing enough equipment for all members to be viable for top end content? Are the differences between a primary Crafters gear and a primary Gatherer or Processors gear negligible enough in the early late game that they can perform/craft comparably until the Crafters can get the specialized skills/items required for their more unique gear output?

Just for further context the friend I intend on playing AoC with and I are off and on Mythic Warcraft raiders and guild leaders, and do intend on being either part of larger high end content guilds or forming our own for AoC.

Joining a well balanced guild will help with bottlenecks. In some way everyone will have to rely on each other so just choose wisely.