Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dominance of one race on the server!

2»

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Because of the way they have chosen to build their cities having secondary race aesthetics would be really hard to do. The nodes are not individually hand crafted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYFKi4j-Zaw
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Because of the way they have chosen to build their cities having secondary race aesthetics would be really hard to do. The nodes are not individually hand crafted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYFKi4j-Zaw

I am reminded how much I miss dev diaries. Hopefully not too much longer before we get something equivalent back.
    Small print leads to large risks.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    BaSkA13 wrote: »
    Now regarding this animosity and competition between races, I had no idea people actually cared about races that much. From my understanding, races have their lore and wars but that was going to be it. It's not like in WoW where you'd start hating other races because players kept camping your corpse. In Ashes, you might end up hating your own race more than other ones because of enemy guilds and whatnot.

I really don't think I'm going to care about that "race lore" at all :D:'(
    You don't necessarily care about racial "lore" - you might care about racial quests and racial progression and racial augments.
    Even if you don't care about racial progression for your character(s), people who do care about that will want to be sure there are Nodes that can support racial progression for their character(s).
    Conflict doesn't have to be about hate.
  • Options
    GimlogGimlog Member
    There will be no such thing as uniformity of racial node style. They have a system to prevent it.
    More a race has nodes with their style more participation they need to have in the up rising nodes to impose their culture.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The last time we had this discussion it ended in community deadlock I THINK?

I'll just quick-repeat my opinion in case it matters.

I want to be able to choose a different 'culture' than my character's race either at character creation, through a quest, or whatever.

I want to be Empyrean, but if I live in a Ren'Kai node I want to be able to say "I don't care" (my Empyrean influence is not counted) or "I like the Ren'Kai architecture and culture despite not being Ren'Kai" (my influence is counted as Ren'Kai).

That's all.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2022
    Otr wrote: »
    Imagine Node X is about to level up and has the following contribution points distribution:
    • 11% Kaelar
    • 11% Vaelune
    • 11% Dünir
    • 11% Niküa
    • 11% Ren'Kai
    • 11% Vek
    • 11% Empyrean
    • 11% Py'Rai
    • 12% Tulnar

I hope that we can all agree that this Node is influenced by many different races, so it would be a shame if this became a city with only Tulnar architecture and culture (or any other race, it's just an example).

There could/should be a hysteresis.
    Things should not change just because 1% variation but when a bigger threshold is exceeded.
    But one can test what happens if 9 players from each race arrive at the same time to a node, then 9 more and 9 more... :smile:
    Maybe the first mayor will decide the first architecture ^^

Nodes change architecture each time it levels. It doesnt change when different players show up...

Node pick which architecture based on how much exp each race has given to the node. So yes. If humans have 1% more exp than the next highest when the node levels, itl a 100% human architecture node.
  • Options
    Imagine Node X is about to level up and has the following contribution points distribution:
    • 11% Kaelar
    • 11% Vaelune
    • 11% Dünir
    • 11% Niküa
    • 11% Ren'Kai
    • 11% Vek
    • 11% Empyrean
    • 11% Py'Rai
    • 12% Tulnar

I hope that we can all agree that this Node is influenced by many different races, so it would be a shame if this became a city with only Tulnar architecture and culture (or any other race, it's just an example).

Things should not change just because 1% variation but when a bigger threshold is exceeded.
    But one can test what happens if 9 players from each race arrive at the same time to a node, then 9 more and 9 more... :smile:

Nodes change architecture each time it levels. It doesnt change when different players show up...

Node pick which architecture based on how much exp each race has given to the node. So yes. If humans have 1% more exp than the next highest when the node levels, itl a 100% human architecture node.

As it should be... except replace human with Tulnar.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2022
    • 11% Kaelar
    • 11% Vaelune
    • 11% Dünir
    • 11% Niküa
    • 11% Ren'Kai
    • 11% Vek
    • 11% Empyrean
    • 11% Py'Rai
    • 12% Tulnar

As it should be... except replace human with Tulnar.

My character assumes not a single tulnar has showered, the entire time they have been left on vera and avoids them as such.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Don’t we have the crow cages setup outside the different racial architectures to deal with ‘the Tulnar problem’?
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Only IF we fail to keep the shaved monkey's and the other vermin from passing through the gates.
  • Options

Yeah. Mayors don't choose the racial architecture.

I think we would have to know dominant race of the previous Stage progression to know if the architecture changes.
    In the proposed example:
    If the Stage 3 Node is Tulnar, the architecture won't change when it progresses to Stage 4.
    If the Stage 3 Node is any other race, the architecture will change to Tulnar architecture if Tulnar provided 12% of the Node xp when the Node progresses to Stage 4.
  • Options
    why does it matter if there is more of one race? how does that affect gameplay or make people leave. will that make other races weaker?
  • Options
    tul1petul1pe Member
    Depraved wrote: »
    why does it matter if there is more of one race? how does that affect gameplay or make people leave. will that make other races weaker?

it's just that the variety is always pleasing to the eye! And monotony is like going to North Korea. there are even hairstyles according to one regulation, it is forbidden to change anything.
  • Options
    Who said there will be monotony?
    Node layout changes after a Node is destroyed - even if the same race rebuilds that Node.