Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Solo queue vs premade group finder for Arenas and Battlegrounds

ItsmeTokiItsmeToki Member
edited July 2022 in General Discussion
To ensure that every match in Arenas/Battlegrounds will be fair and even matched the game mode "Solo Queue" should mean solo sign up only...
You should not be able to sign up as a group for solo queue. Therefore you should have separated modes.
As you can see in game modes like WoW battlegrounds or New World OPR, ppl are in great disadvantage if they have to fight as a random group against another organised premade team. They usually get overwhelmed quit fast and easy. That means a lot of fun and fast progression for the premade group but leaves frustration for every other solo queued player around.

I get that MMOs are trying to let ppl play with their friends and thats a good thing. But you should have a separated mode for those players cause the majority usually wanna play some quick pvp games on their own. To ensure for those players a good and healthy game experience with balance and faireness, there should be either solo queue pvp or premade pvp. But there should be no mix between those options.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    ElderElder Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2022
    Arenas are instanced PvP scenarios and are not part of open world PvP.

Arenas will have 1 man, 3 man, 5 man and possibly 20 man Free-For-All (Deathmatch) group sizes.

There will be an arena ladder system.
    Rewards for arena ladders will be revealed at a later time.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Arenas
    Which is the greater folly, summoning the demon or expecting gratitude from it?
    gif.gif
  • Options
    BaSkA_9x2BaSkA_9x2 Member
    edited July 2022
    I agree with you that it's not fair for a solo queuing for 3v3 Arena to be matched against a 3-man premade party. But I also think that it's not the 3-man premade group's problem.

So unfortunately I would have to go with "tough luck": if you want to play 3v3 or 5v5, find a group and queue as a group, or else you might be matched with 4 other solo players against a 5-man pre-made group.

I mostly only queue for CSGO matches as a solo and, trust me, I know the pain of playing with and against other premade groups. Most of the times, the problem is not even the enemy team, it's the groups that you are matched with which are a bunch of assholes teammates. But I don't think it's necessary or even good to help "solo queuers" in CSGO nor in Ashes.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    BaSkA13 wrote: »
    So unfortunately I would have to go with "tough luck": if you want to play 3v3 or 5v5, find a group and queue as a group, or else you might be matched with 4 other solo players against a 5-man pre-made group.
    Pretty much this. I find it super dumb that you are even able to queue into a party "event' as a solo player. I could understand this kind of matchups in mobas/shooters, because there's no way to find friends in the game to play with, but this is an mmo. You're supposed to find other people to clear content with, so if you want to participate in party content - go find a party.
  • Options
    No reason to not have ques else it would be dead content with the same people doing it and longer wait times for groups.

x6l1vgkbdkmh.png
  • Options
    PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2022
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    No reason to not have ques else it would be dead content with the same people doing it and longer wait times for groups.

x6l1vgkbdkmh.png

Actually the reason to not have queues is to force social interaction in a social structure based game. Ask around your node. Stop by the taverns.

But this is mostly for non-arena function... an in node arena should be swarming with those who want to fight tho...
  • Options
    I don't see this as node arena , i see this as instanced pvp ladders with potential be be across server as it has matchmaking

I also don't see the point to try to do ranked arena per node that doesn't sound as competitive. It sounds like it is being thrown in just to be in when people aren't going to want to spend hours running from node to node to find people or be in a top rank. Or forcing everyone to the same node.

Ranked arenas have already been done in games with ques and since this is instanced there isn't any reason to make it more difficult for anyone to enjoy it.

Doesn't mean nodes can't have their own arena built for practicing pvp. But overall ranked system should be que based, which inf act it is if it is an instanced arena and it has matchmaking.