Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The new cosmetic

I'm not sure if I'm just being weird here or not.
The new cosmetic armor is being displayed on a dwarf, I have zero intention to ever play a dwarf. I kind of wish we could see these more in action or on different frames before buying them, is that unreasonable of me?

Comments

• Options
    DolyemDolyem Member
    The new cosmetic armor is being displayed on a dwarf, I have zero intention to ever play a dwarf. I kind of wish we could see these more in action or on different frames before buying them, is that unreasonable of me?

I would say its very reasonable to wish that. It may be a bit more tasking on Intrepids end as far as framing the cosmetic to each race for showcasing each month, and seeing as we dont have any info on tulnar they would be left out.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

I dont think that is unreasonable. However they dont force you into a transaction. If you are uncomfortable with the information you have at hand, dont purchase.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Looks like those are Dünir.
    And... they look tiny to me.
    I'm just eager to see some racial size comparisons with the updated races.
    Of course, sliders might help with size.
  • Options
    It might end up only being available for a Dwarf race.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    wait do we not know if all skins fit all races?? are the skins race specific becuase that would be terrible lol
  • Options
    We don't really know anything about them, yet. We've been asking and waiting for an answer, but they won't give us one.
  • Options
    DolyemDolyem Member
    xMrWoolf wrote: »
    wait do we not know if all skins fit all races?? are the skins race specific becuase that would be terrible lol

literally just asked that question on the cosmetic post lmao
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    xMrWoolfxMrWoolf Member
    edited July 2022
    Dolyem wrote: »

no OP asked if we could see them on different "frames" or in action which implies they are expecting them to be on all races but thats never been confirmed from what im seeing so hence my question do we know if all skins will fit all races?
  • Options

no OP asked if we could see them on different "frames" or in action which implies they are expecting them to be on all races but thats never been confirmed from what im seeing so hence my question do we know if all skins will fit all races?

We don't know. They just want us to keep buying them until they make a decision on whether or not we'll actually get to use them in-game.
  • Options
    DolyemDolyem Member

no I mean I commented that question on the official post asking intrepid about it
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    daveywavey wrote: »

I mean…dwarves are the avant-garde forefront of Ashes fashion. 🤩

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    CROW3 wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »

I mean…dwarves are the avant-garde forefront of Ashes fashion. 🤩

Im just saying designing armor for dwarves is lazy. Its literally designing less armor, because they be small.
  • Options
    They all fit every race - with some racial/cultural tweaks.

• Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Im just saying designing armor for dwarves is lazy. Its literally designing less armor, because they be small.

There’s a critical assumption you’ve made in this concern. 10 points if you find it.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options

no I mean I commented that question on the official post asking intrepid about it

ahhh sorry =(
  • Options

There’s a critical assumption you’ve made in this concern. 10 points if you find it.

Are.... are the dwarves huge....?
  • Options
    Size doesn't matter.
  • Options

I would say its very reasonable to wish that. It may be a bit more tasking on Intrepids end as far as framing the cosmetic to each race for showcasing each month, and seeing as we dont have any info on tulnar they would be left out.

See
    I don't even think it needs to be EVERY race but more than one would be nice. Because this one, for example, would not look the same on a ren'kai. And that's I would be more likely to put it on
  • Options

I mean
    I sure hope they work for any race, or else that's waaay fucked up. Selling something and then later saying oh btdubs you can actually use it.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member

Nope. 2 more guesses. 🥸

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    See
    I don't even think it needs to be EVERY race but more than one would be nice. Because this one, for example, would not look the same on a ren'kai. And that's I would be more likely to put it on
    Then... you would still be complaining on whatever month they didn't include Ren'Kai among their examples.

• Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

I mean
    I sure hope they work for any race, or else that's waaay fucked up. Selling something and then later saying oh btdubs you can actually use it.

The costumes and accessories will work on every race (provided you have a slot free for the accessory)
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    See
    Then... you would still be complaining on whatever month they didn't include Ren'Kai among their examples.

No
    I was just saying I wanted to see it on more than one frame, I said ren'kai because this looks like a nice plate set and if I rolled a plate wearing tank he would be a ren'kai. Last months cloth set I would use for a Py'rai summoner for example. So no I don't want to see it on the same race every time, I want some variety.
    Using wow armor as an example. Most sets are class based, any race with that class can wear it. Some sets look vastly different on a gnome than they do on a tauren. I'm just asking to see more than one version so you can get an idea on how the mesh looks when applied to different frames.
  • Options

Nope. 2 more guesses. 🥸

Woo. Close one. Ive been making fun of dwarves for being short for ages... i dont know what id do if they were huge
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Woo. Close one. Ive been making fun of dwarves for being short for ages... i dont know what id do if they were huge

Ha! Btw - your critical assumption was that because the armor appeared on dwarves it was therefore designed for dwarves. I don’t think that’s a correct assumption.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter

not unreasonable. May not be able to do much atm for many reasons as stated already, I do hope AoC, once the game goes live or during Alpha / Beta - allow to see how items looks like when purchasing from an NPC or a in-game UI system when buying from the marketplace, that they can see how it would look like on their toon before purchasing cosmetics.
    {UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    novercalis wrote: »
    in-game UI system when buying from the marketplace, that they can see how it would look like on their toon before purchasing cosmetics.

My hope is that this is baseline. The BDO shop has done this for years.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Pretty sure you can do that with WoW.
    I do that in New World.
  • Options
    CaerylCaeryl Member
    New cosmetic feature: equip this armor to shrink to the size of a dwarf
  • Options
    Caeryl wrote: »
    New cosmetic feature: equip this armor to shrink to the size of a dwarf

Oh God