Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Which Artisan Classes interests you the most?

ChimeChime Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
So, which one do you want to Master? I personally am really digging the Herbalism and Farming, and knowing that the seasons will effect them makes it more interesting since I plan on traveling around the map a lot.
"Bravery only means something to those who are afraid of death."

Comments

• Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Carpentry.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Farming, unless they make it easily accessible on their mobile app and farmville like. In which case, idk, probably herbalism. And if even that gets put on the mobile app and has simplistic gameplay... Armor smithing? I like the idea of being involved in gear/costume production almost as much as farming.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm usually a Cook and/or Alchemist and/or Goldsmith/Jeweler in games that encourage multiple (but not all) professions. Which one takes priority depends on the game's general requirements, and I may 'drop one' if a teammate enjoys it more than me and leveling is hard.

Adding Animal Husbandry to the mix in Ashes gives me another thing to think of. The few games that have something like this, I normally get involved in it too.

I like having to choose, but I really do need to see a lot more of their itemization and 'precisely what limits you encounter if you're not specializing' to be sure.

I can say I am a 'processor' though, so if "Breeding and Raising", "Simple processing of Cheese and similar", "Making Ingots", "Processing Fish for Oil or similar" all end up under the same Processing umbrella then I won't even have to think about it.

I definitely expect I'm going 'Processing' if Animal Husbandry falls in there, and I guess given that "Cooking" and "Alchemy" are more likely to be 'Crafting', there I shall stay. Choosing between Smelting and Raising depends mainly on their system for creatures, but I guess from a RolePlay perspective I'm more of a Rancher than a Metallurgist.

Hoping I can at least push both.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    edited July 2022
    Weapon and armor smithing.
  • Options
    qqjtwft7cq8q.png

I know on the wiki it says that on/offline we'll be able to manage our crops via npc workers.

My sister is hands down going to be doing animal husbandry and taming. When I played New World briefly I loved their crafting system. I like the idea of trading goods with people and I'm a huge hoarder. I can't wait to try and find all the herbs. Especially since the spawn points will change and in Alpha 1, it was hard to see the plants. They didn't light up so you really had to pay attention to your surroundings.
  • Options
    Whichever Gathering skill is less annoying/more fun.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    ShileeShilee Member
    Since I plan on being a pirate, ship building seems like the most logical artisan class to go
    ip85fpf98y0y.png
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You'll find me as a Master Carpenter, with a side of Fishing, and maybe dabbling occasionally in Taming or Husbandry, but probably not seriously.. I may do a bit of Alchemy as well, and the various construction professions (Siege, Ship, Caravan) are going to mainly depend on exactly what they're like.
  • Options
    ElderElder Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'll do any content I find to be the most profitable.
    Which is the greater folly, summoning the demon or expecting gratitude from it?
    gif.gif
  • Options
    none T_T i wanna aoe grind and buy whatever i need, i hate gathering and crafting 8D
    i hope we get skinning or something tho, cuz at least ill be able to gather something while im also fighting things x.x
  • Options
    CptBrownBeardCptBrownBeard Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My plan is to focus on carpentry with a hard lean towards becoming a shipwright (Yo ho ho and all that).This could change, however, depending on how active and lucrative the farming system is.
  • Options
    Idk I am torn between taming, animal husbandry, and ship building. There are multiple classes in each one that I want to do. I guess I will have to wait for more updates to see more specifics on them
  • Options
    Fishing. I'll cry tears of joy if we get Archeage fishing mechanics.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    I think they should have spearfishing, and a free-diving mariner class to go with it
  • Options
    SapiverenusSapiverenus Member
    edited September 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bczz5t8IlAU

Looks pretty good.

Not a fan of the menu interactions with the Fishing Boat; but the color scheme and texture is good. Game looks good.

EDIT: Casting ships is dumb.
    And the audio effects are pretty great.
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Weapon smithing!
  • Options
    I usually lean towards mining. I’ll have to see how enjoyable the processing side of that is, because that’s also an option I’m considering.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Torn, I usually like to master all crafts!
  • Options
    TheHiddenDaggerInnTheHiddenDaggerInn Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Shipbuilding, and it would be awesome if they actually had to bring the ship back to port to a shipwright and have it repaired.
    TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's 5:00 PM Cst And
    Wednesday's at 7:00 PM Cst
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn/featured
  • Options
    Smelting.
    Maybe animal husbandry if they make it well.
    Siege weapons and caravan building look good too for me.

But somebody said we see less than half of them on wiki now.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    Smelter here!
  • Options
    Either shipbuilding, or scribing – but there's not enough info on either.
  • Options
    Shipbuilding and fishing sound awesome. But I'll likely master a processing profession or 2 for the sake of fast gold. Alchemy is another interest.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    Mining and smelting. Be fun to go out and gather materials while questing / grinding then come back and make some deals with some armorers and weapon smith's, mats for armor and weapons. Then go out and repeat. Maybe swap the mining for either armor smithing at the end game.
  • Options
    I have second thoughts with making and selling siege weapons to enemies. But maybe I can blame the mayor, if he is the one who delivers them :confused:
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    Thinking on it, one of the first things I look for are bigger bags/backpacks for inventory. The wiki only said artisans craft them. But which one? Or do all artisans have the options...
  • Options
    Alchemist, though only if there is some bit of real skill expression. If it’s just some click-and-craft with a side of RNG, then I’ll stick to a gathering profession of some kind. Animal taming maybe.
  • Options
    Chime wrote: »
    Thinking on it, one of the first things I look for are bigger bags/backpacks for inventory. The wiki only said artisans craft them. But which one? Or do all artisans have the options...
    I would assign
    - leather backpacks to light armor artisans
    - shields to heavy armor artisans
    Then both get something additional to the armor item production.