Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Intrepid's Best Post Launch Marketing Move

LeukaelLeukael Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited July 2022 in General Discussion
Had a great idea for great PR buzz and really unique gamer moment for Intrepid come up in conversation.

When someone acquires a legendary/super rare level of crafting recipe or item they receive an RL schematic? Think concept art made into a schematic scroll.

This is an idea to extrapolate on and could change year to year what you do to recognize a part of the community in a unique way and provide a memory that would last and definitely promote retention as the mmo that is "gamer driven." This would garner big positive buzz that would set you apart from the competition because most games don't create content anymore that is limited to where the competition could do this.

Anyone else have an idea like this? Maybe we can give Intrepid a list of ideas to work from in the future. Then you could potentially receive an Intrepid box one day in your mailbox. :smile:
Stag-Axiom-Sig-LEAUK3.png

Comments

• Options
    ItsFayneItsFayne Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This, this this this this. Low cost, high retention!
    7l7hsjx.png
  • Options
    This would be very cool for the community! Let's goooo Intrepid!
    www.youtube.com/vlhadusgaming
    slBtfHF.png
  • Options
    RanselRansel Member
    I know some games have allowed the conversion of digital game assets into physical products, but I don't think it's that common any more.

Ie.. turn in some item in game and receive something in the mail after paying a fee of course.

I like the idea though, but I know there are lots of challenges.
  • Options
    BaSkA_9x2BaSkA_9x2 Member
    edited July 2022
    More FOMO, it surely won't backlash at some point, right? Right?

On a more serious note, I am not a fan of events, items and whatnot like Black Qiraji where only a limited number of people for a limited amount of time are able to obtain permanent rewards. Temporary items and rewards like Legendaries that cannot be repaired, only dismantled, it's fine.

Of course, a real life hat is fine.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    RanselRansel Member
    The alternative is to not make it temporary, but this makes it difficult because then the game company has to manage inventory of physical items for the long term.
  • Options
    LeukaelLeukael Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Another idea that was kicked around offering a cosmetic after a limited use legendary as a memento.
    Stag-Axiom-Sig-LEAUK3.png