Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Racial Character Advanced Emotes

Lark WyllLark Wyll Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Random thought I had tonight is that it could be fun to have our characters have a range of racial/class type jokes and one-liners they could tell rather than a simple emote character movement. It could tie into lore aspects to support the game and be another nice touch for the game. Maybe if we /Joke command in game it pulls on a large random list and tells them out loud to those around us. Think maybe a toned down version of Black Sails John Silver pounding his peg leg on the ship and making fun of his comrades.

Anyone have some add-on thoughts to make this idea more fun for the game? Unsure if it will fit design wise as last I heard there may not be much voice acting in the game.
u3usdraa7gs1.png

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2022
    I think I'd rather see jokes tied to biome or Node Type.
    Maybe Social Orgs and classes.
  • Options
    Dunno about speaking it out loud, but a Chatbox message (or chat bubble if absolutely necessary) would work ok.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    I think I'd rather see jokes tied to biome or Node Type.
    Maybe Social Orgs and classes.

Why not all of the above? :)
  • Options
    Because gaming brings out the worst in Humans.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Dygz wrote: »
    Because gaming brings out the worst in Humans.

Maybe, but it brings the awesome out in Dwarves. 😜

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    The wrold might very well be a better place if it were comprised solely of Dwarves. Yes.