Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Support your game

Well since we have a company that keeps in touch with thier community one of the things that could be promoted is to support thier game. Not talking about you opening your wallets did a post on having a 20 dollar subscription model for that one.

One of the things that Ashes of Creation should tell their players is that obviously their is no instant que in this game that combined with some game features like node vs node open world dungeouns and pvp. Plus the way professions work in this for example players will be able to set up their own stalls for trade. So one of the things that it important is we need to keep all the players that we can because of the way the game is set up. We need every player we can get.

1. There is a way to do that does not cost any time or resources. Actually you do not have to do anything except show some self restraint. What I am talking about is not being a troll. I know we already had a discussion on this but that was mainly about punishment. What I am talking about is when a player starts playing this game have a welcome message and politely ask them to to support this game maye even ask people to be positive. Link to code of conduct would be pretty cool. Think be pretty smart to do this right from the get go. I mean if you like a game might as well support it and all you have to do is nothing. Self restrain which a good thing to have.

Sound kind of ridicoulus asking players not to be toxic but because of the type of game that it is we do not want to drive any people away. I mean if you could have people to say things like. Hey guys could we not drive people away pls with negativity.
that would be pretty cool. Some times people just need to be reminded that this is just game.

I am sure that Ashes of creation could put in much better words.

2. Ashes of creation could ask veteran playeres to make helpful posts on forums. You would be surprised how much information players know about thier class after 2 or 3 years of playing it. Actaully already talked about this will not repost. I mean google vs a player that.has hundreds of hours invested in their class well i will take the latter.

the point is just by having support your game theme. It reminds player that yes might as wll support the game they are currently playing. Kind of putting in the positive sense instead of negative sense. I am sure Ashes of Creation could come up with something better than Support your game as a theme.

Comments

• Options
    ElderElder Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    TLTR

1. They're asking for a welcome message and a link to the Code of Conduct/Terms of Service when a player first launches the game.

2. They want Intrepid Studios to scout veteran players for the purpose of creating various helpful posts or guides on the forum.
    Which is the greater folly, summoning the demon or expecting gratitude from it?
    gif.gif
  • Options
    WarthWarth Member
    edited July 2022
    A game i was played regularly had some contests like writing a guide (like for your class, professions, for a new dungeon...) creating a promotional video, introduce your guild.

The CMs then decided like 10-20 entries and the players could vote on the winners on the forum.
    Winners received an outfit, or some cash shop currency, etc.

While i never participated, i always liked watching those as is fostered community engagement, was decent, cheap promotion for the game, guides helped newer players...

I think something similar would be great for Ashes, even prior but shortly before the release.

They already did similar things with the yearly pumpkin contest... I'd hope they keep doing stuff like that for ingame topics.