Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Pre-Launch Settings Configurator

ErodgemonErodgemon Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
The Character Creator is targeted to be given to users prior to launch. The goal of this, from my understanding, is to enable a great day 1 experience where the user is fully prepared to jump into Terra and start playing the game.

To achieve that goal there are more pre-gaming work needed. In last months live stream showing off combat Steven discussed how there will be settings for adjusting the numbers and look-and-feel of the game UI. I'm wondering if these too could be a pre-day 1 option alongside the Character Creator. This would enable players to jump into Verra with their UI setup for streaming (meshes well with overlays), their audio/video tuned how they like, and any other options Intrepid is able to expose.

I hate to add work to Intrepid's plate and I'd easily sacrifice this for a better game delivered sooner but if their goal is truly to fully prep players for day 1 login and go then more may be needed. I mentioned this on the discord and was encouraged to share this idea here on the forums for discussion.

Comments

• Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2022
    Sure, would be nice if they have the time :smile:

In fact, I would like them to take it a step further and combine that with the standalone character creator, AND add in a benchmark too.
  • Options
    ErodgemonErodgemon Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nerror wrote: »
    Sure, would be nice if they have the time :smile:

In fact, I would like them to take it a step further and combine that with the standalone character creator, AND add in a benchmark too.

A benchmark tool could help them gather data.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Erodgemon wrote: »

A benchmark tool could help them gather data.

No need for a benchmark, there is Alpha 2 and Betas already
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Erodgemon wrote: »
    The Character Creator is targeted to be given to users prior to launch. The goal of this, from my understanding, is to enable a great day 1 experience where the user is fully prepared to jump into Terra and start playing the game.

To achieve that goal there are more pre-gaming work needed. In last months live stream showing off combat Steven discussed how there will be settings for adjusting the numbers and look-and-feel of the game UI. I'm wondering if these too could be a pre-day 1 option alongside the Character Creator. This would enable players to jump into Verra with their UI setup for streaming (meshes well with overlays), their audio/video tuned how they like, and any other options Intrepid is able to expose.

I hate to add work to Intrepid's plate and I'd easily sacrifice this for a better game delivered sooner but if their goal is truly to fully prep players for day 1 login and go then more may be needed. I mentioned this on the discord and was encouraged to share this idea here on the forums for discussion.

Sounds handy.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Pre launch-class try outs as well maybe. Like just a training room, with some premade characters to try.

If the game is looking to be slow progression, like a month or 2 to work on a character, id like to know what class i actually want to invest in on launch.

Wont be an issue for most with the alpha acesses, and i guess you could just watch alpha and beta game play as well.... but i mean if we are talking about preping everyone for their exact character and setting prelaunch....