Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

An odd idea. limited structure building?

So this idea might not have a place in the game but I thought I would bring it up. What if people could build structures that had a time limit for the purpose of blocking trade routes between nodes. This would need to cost some money so that there is a risk investment included but it would let people, in theory, hurt a nodes economy before outright attacking it. It could also be used in case people wanna RP being highway men and either stealing goods or charging a cost to cross. I differently don't wanna see people just being trolls so there should be a pretty decent cost to doing this but I thought it could be a fun thing to have though like I said, Im not sure what all is going to go into keeping a city running so this might not have a place in this game. Also, these would also be able to be destroyed so a larger group wouldn't be threatened by this.

Comments

• Options
    Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited July 2022
    The best way to make your mark on other nodes' economies is to participate in caravan sieges, @Rialus.

The attacking party members are, indeed, the very definition of outlaws or highwaymen.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Caravans
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    From what I understand, there is already going to be an advantage to those wanting to attempt to starve off a node - assuming they have the people to make it happen.

If they dont have the people to make it happen as it stands now, it shouldnt be made any easier.
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited July 2022
    Rialus wrote: »
    So this idea might not have a place in the game but I thought I would bring it up. What if people could build structures that had a time limit for the purpose of blocking trade routes between nodes. This would need to cost some money so that there is a risk investment included but it would let people, in theory, hurt a nodes economy before outright attacking it. It could also be used in case people wanna RP being highway men and either stealing goods or charging a cost to cross. I differently don't wanna see people just being trolls so there should be a pretty decent cost to doing this but I thought it could be a fun thing to have though like I said, Im not sure what all is going to go into keeping a city running so this might not have a place in this game. Also, these would also be able to be destroyed so a larger group wouldn't be threatened by this.

So, barricading a roadway so the caravan either has to take a different route or destroy the barricade? I could see it being a possibility.

Or even just to hold up another caravan long enough for you to get your own there, before the price of your goods crashes.

Although I can see people putting them up around World Bosses / Dungeons to prevent other groups from joining in as quickly. Which, some would say would be a valid use.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    ykkykk Member
    no need to physically block the road when you can simply rob the people on it
    astra mortemque superare gradatim
  • Options
    Cat QuiverCat Quiver Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2022
    1.Find a trade route you want to raid
    2. Find the nearest freehold tavern/inn/whoever will let you to base out of temporarily
    3. ?????
    4. Profit