Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Mobb Rotations

Would be a crazy idea to have a server event where you go to war with a certain Mobb and if you win, that mobb retreats from the zone and a new mobb tries to take over. This would Keep the zones from getting stale. Also over time the mobb that was forced out fights the new mobb for their zone back and they have possibly evolved in someway.
Surely I'm not the only one to have thought about this?

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited July 2022
    And how are we supposed to find that mob if it leaves its area?
    We need it for its known drops, drops which are needed for crafting. Could be a quest related mob.
  • Options
    Night WingsNight Wings Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2022
    So basically like the game "Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor™"
    Every time you kill the boss guy one of the employee rises up or if I remember correctly another tribe will even take out the another tribe boss for power.

I think it would be cool idea, but it would be difficult for dev's to make quest's for players, because the mobs keep evolving.

and if you didnt know already
    Seasonal variations or time of day may affect certain objects in the world, such as mobs and mounts.[30][31][32][28]

Different creatures will spawn based on the season.[30]

This alcove might now have a bunch of new types of monsters that are AoE focused and you might want to bring your AoE team there during winter because you can get that spot in this hunting ground; and you can pull really easily all the creatures into that little spot. But in summer maybe that population isn't as close and it's no longer a viable hunting ground.[30] – Steven Sharif

Mobs and Mounts of a certain rarity are visually affected by seasonal and time-of-day changes.[31][32][28]

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Seasons

Timestamp 58:04
    https://youtu.be/GnybRgoPac8?t=3481

So Steven explained it the world is going to be changing so it will keep it interesting.