Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Falconer Class

Hi! This is my first post here in the forum :)
I love the idea of a falconer class as a concept, but what I find in the wiki about the falconer seems to go in a very boring direction. It seems that the plan is to make it an archer with no connection to an actual falcon^^ We have the Dunewing Falcon and the Falkon Hawk. They could be used for a big part of the damage output of the falconer. The weapon type shouldn´t be limited to bows (where is the connection between a falconer and a bow?). Would be fun to fight with a sword while the falcon attacks from the air, or with whatever weapon the falconer likes.
If it has to be a bow because all Rangers are bow users, at least make it like the Beastmaster in WoW.... a falconer without a falcon is no falconer^^
Maybe it is a bit early to discuss the classes, but I think it is better to give imput while they are developing them and not when most of it is finished. My2Cents :)

Comments

• Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Any class can use any weapon. Any class can use a combat pet if they want. If you want to have a Falcon then you can just find a combat pet in-game that resembles or is a Falcon.

Don't take the class names too literally, they're just class names for the most part.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Perhaps you would be more interested in a Falcon themed Beastmaster (Summoner/Ranger), rather than a Ranger primary archetype. Having a falcon as a pet option for Summoner/Ranger sounds suitable thematically. I don't think we know a lot about exactly how summoners pets/summons will be themed, yet, but I do hope this is an option Intrepid will allow.
  • Options
    Yeah it's way too early to talk about it. We have no data on how the Ranger will play at all. Nor what Summoners will look like either. Nor what how ranged combat even looks like in the current iteration of the combat system.

What's in the Wiki in terms of skills, is from a proof of concept build. Not representative of what the Ranger Archetype will look like.

It is very possible that the Summoner secondary Archetype will allow the Ranger to summon a Falcon pet of sorts. We just don't know.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    Thank you guys for the feedback!! Hopefully the 64 classes are more than just different combination of the same skills in different colors :)