Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dynamic Armor Appearance

Helllo! Something I have been thinking about but is the appearance of armor in the game. It would be cool if the armor changes a bit with the season, in the winter time you get an extra cloak or thicker gloves/boots. and vice versa for the summer time. I wonder what other people think about this?

Additionally, I was thinking about gear looking more worn out the more you use it, and you could use polish or another item to clean it back up if you want to. I don't like when my armor is "too clean" and looks like I have never been in a battle before.

Not sure how hard these would be to actually implement, just something I was thinking about and wondered if anyone shared the idea.

Comments

• Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    edited August 2022
    During the Dynamic Weather tech demo they had a month or two ago, they were joking about having a cloak made of leaves, change in color according to the seasons.

I imagine it could be possible, though I'm unsure for how many other sets it would make sense to change colors or add effects. Perhaps it'll be reserved for more exclusive sets.

Wear and tear could be a good visual indicator of when gear needs repair.

But I feel like it'd be an unnecessary number of assets to necessitate what is essentially a skin, to all armors, which already change a little according to race. Too much unnecessary data and a bit of a scope creep.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I like the idea of having my armor adjust a bit to match the season, though it would be important to preserve the thematic throughout, so I don't hate the appearance randomly through half the year.

I will say that I dislike how raggedy my armor gets in BDO when it's out of repair. I can definitely see the appeal of a little wear and tear, but I definitely would personally strongly dislike if it's serious. Maybe there can be a setting? Seems kindof finicky for a setting though. Hopefully good taste will solve both our problems.
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    hopefully the cosmetic items are not affected