Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A game for now

So my thouhgt is.....

Would it be possible and fun to have a sort of mini game released so we can get used to the game?
LIke a Moba Aram version or something like that.

Greetz

Comments

• Options
    PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022
    Scoop creep and alpha 2 is a persistent alpha when it starts.... so you could always join that
  • Options
    There are plenty of games for now. They just aren't made by Intrepid.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • Options
    They already went down that road with a Battle Royale. It didn't lead to positive outcome, so I doubt they're going to do it again, and I really don't want them to. Some of us are just waiting for A2 at this point, and others are waiting for release.
    I swear, some of these forum threads should be renamed to "Hey Intrepid, can you guys just make a game like WoW, so that we have another WoW to play while waiting for an expansion in WoW?"
  • Options
    Cat QuiverCat Quiver Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022
    Deachir wrote: »
    a sort of mini game
    so we can get used to the game?
    LIke a Moba
    3518xqurrrzn.gif

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They could release Apocalypse, but...
    Trying to support it would distract too much from the development of Ashes.
    The Daybreak devs at IS already learned that lesson with Landmark and EQNext.
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    So I'm guessing you've never heard of Apocalypse.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Scoop creep and alpha 2 is a persistent alpha when it starts.... so you could always join that

His Post said now. Alpha 2 is late next year at the earliest. He can join Alpha 2, he just could not play it.
  • Options
    PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Mahes wrote: »

His Post said now. Alpha 2 is late next year at the earliest. He can join Alpha 2, he just could not play it.

You're right. His post did say now... and seeing as its past 7:51 am. All hope is lost.
  • Options
    On a different thread I pointed out that Throne and Liberty, in theory releasing this year, will have some very similar core mechanics to AoC.

I would recommend you play that one upon release, so that we may have more people seeing what elements of those mechanics work and which don't, that we may provide feedback to Intrepid, making AoC better upon release.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I am having some doubts about Throne and Liberty coming out this year. There is very little information about this game given the proximity to release. I can almost guarantee that if AoC were coming out at the end of this year, there would be a ton of information out revolving around the game. All we have mainly for Throne and Liberty is a nice video that does look cool. There is no Beta announcement or any real reviews of the game's game play.

It just seems suspect.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    let me tell you a story my friend.... it begins with a calamity called "The Apocalypse"....
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Otr wrote: »
    Deachir wrote: »
    So my thouhgt is.....

Would it be possible and fun to have a sort of mini game released so we can get used to the game?
    LIke a Moba Aram version or something like that.

Greetz

They could play a turn-based mini Vera map simulation with us on the forum :smile:
    To see who is choosing military node citizenship, who wants to become artisan, trader...

They did a "choose your own adventure" mini game with the community here in the forums a while back. Was kinda fun. They posted a D&D type description and had a poll to choose the next step.
    Was a good interaction with the community.
    Perhaps they could get Vaknar to put something together.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.